username

Reflow Oven Booster Pack

Hey all,

Currently i'm working on adding 2 more profiles to the controller. I'll be adding Convection Pb Free & Convection Leaded since there are not as many IR ovens on the market currently. You can use convection ovens but your reflow speeds will be reduced. I'll have to have a much more conservative profile in order to avoid overshoot.

I've also got 50 PCBs & am waiting for parts to come in so I can hopefully make enough kits in the upcoming weeks to keep up with demand.

Good success on my first few boards as well.  Took some practice getting the paste in the right places.  I found painting it on w/ and Xacto knife and a micro swab worked better for me than the tips you can get for the applicator. 

Next step is cutting some stencils on the laser cutter at my local Austin Hackerspace.

I've got my 5V PS and SSR installed inside the oven case so there is just one power cord.  Here are a few pix. 

- Jared. 

Hey PunKidd,

Mind re uploading your images to 43oh? Not sure if the upload worked.

I tried to use the "image" button and link to full size files in my dropbox, but I guess that didn't work.

I've reduced the files sizes and changed them to attachments.

- Jared. 

Currently i'm working on adding 2 more profiles to the controller. I'll be adding Convection Pb Free & Convection Leaded since there are not as many IR ovens on the market currently. You can use convection ovens but your reflow speeds will be reduced. I'll have to have a much more conservative profile in order to avoid overshoot.

I've also got 50 PCBs & am waiting for parts to come in so I can hopefully make enough kits in the upcoming weeks to keep up with demand.

Hello Username,

I'd like to purchase a deluxe kit. What's the status for availability?

Also given the scarcity and inflated price of IR ovens, I'm pondering the idea of building a simple 'oven' with some HVAC ducting and IR elements gutted from a small space heater. Or maybe just replace convection coils with IR elements in a standard toaster oven. Has this idea crossed anyone's mind?

I'd love to get a Deluxe kit when available, I just tried PM'ing you but your full. Please let me know when they become available again.

Thanks,

Can't contact you... PM full...

I want one Reflow Oven Deluxe Kit

Already assembled.

Thanks and let me know your Paypal user so I can send you the money.

I'm NOT in a hurry but I sure want to get one. So if you are gonna make more let me know as I'm interested.

Have a great day and keep up the good job man!

Hey all,

Hey PunKidd,

Mind re uploading your images to 43oh? Not sure if the upload worked.

Hey all,

Will try to start pumping these out again. Been working 50-70hr weeks as of late and haven't had much time for hobby projects. Just finished a major project at work so should have some more time to pump these out.

Hey all,

Will try to start pumping these out again. Been working 50-70hr weeks as of late and haven't had much time for hobby projects. Just finished a major project at work so should have some more time to pump these out.

Whoohoo!  Nice to hear you're in the thick of things. I'm even happier to hear that you are still producing these kits. 

Still unable to PM.  I'd like a deluxe kit.  Dunno how long the line is. Paypal funds ready to go.  

I'd even consider taking a 'ready to assemble' kit...I would buy a bag of parts, so to speak.