43oh

Switching from Arduino to Launchpad

Hello all! First time posting here, so sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have been programming the arduino for about a year and a half now and I recently designed a product for a customer. After finishing the prototype, the customer informed me that he wanted to switch to the TI MSP430G2233 microcontroller in order to utilize a local fabrication house that he has a connection with... And he wants it done by Monday. I told him that relearning C programming in 36 hours is a wee bit unrealistic, but I would do my best. Without some serious help, it won't happen. Is there anybody (familiar with Arduino's "wiring" language) willing to help me transpose some code? Thanks for reading!

Sean

As another Arduino convert, I hope you'll find it worth the bother.  When you do eventually shed the Energia training wheels and go straight C with your programs, I think you'll find the MSP430 has more options to offer (very low-power, von neumann architecture mainly)

(disclaimer: I don't get paid by TI to market their product! lol)

Not just C code, but to use the MSP430 properly, you have to change what is probably a linear programming model in Arduino to an interrupt based one so the MSP430 can sleep to save power.  It'd be more than a 36hr learning project :-P

Hello all! First time posting here, so sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have been programming the arduino for about a year and a half now and I recently designed a product for a customer. After finishing the prototype, the customer informed me that he wanted to switch to the TI MSP430G2233 microcontroller in order to utilize a local fabrication house that he has a connection with... And he wants it done by Monday. I told him that relearning C programming in 36 hours is a wee bit unrealistic, but I would do my best. Without some serious help, it won't happen. Is there anybody (familiar with Arduino's "wiring" language) willing to help me transpose some code? Thanks for reading!

Sean

Welcome to 43oh! Like the other members mentions.. Energia is worth a try and you will be familiar with the programming constructs. Check it out. 

43oh hosts the official Energia Forums here. You can download Energia from their website here.

If you hit a roadblock, you can call for help in any of the forum sub-sections.