Rei Vilo

[Energia Library] LCD_screen Library Suite

Any reason why its not available anymore ... I never (but I admit not following this topic regular) saw an announcement. Also the website does not state this.

regards

Cor

There are some issues with the MSP432 I'm working on right now. Stay tuned!

Unfortunately, I don't have the latest RobG LCD display so I cant' proceed with the required tests.

Do you have my 2.2" 320x240 LCD BP? All LCD BPs that I made since that one share the pinout and the driver.

Here's CCS library for MSP432

The library is no longer available.

Why? I could really use this right now. :/

You could still have the download available but not support it anymore if that's the reason why you took it down.

Why? I could really use this right now. :/

You could still have the download available but not support it anymore if that's the reason why you took it down.

Is there an answer to this? I also really could use this at the moment.

As Stunts1337 said, could there not be downloadlinks to the old versions, despite that the support has been cancled?

Hi,

Unfortunately there was no reply to my earlier request also. But its possible to start building such a suite once again if we put some effort in it.

regards

Cor

Main reasons for pulling the library out are due to intellectual property issues and licence infringements with users. 

Part of the library is still available at EduBPMKII_Screen for the Educational BoosterPack.

[EDIT Apr 12, 2016] 

A special edition of the library is included in Energia for the Educational BoosterPack MKII and the Kentec 3.5" screen.

Thats really unfortunate especially because of the work you had put into the library ... But it sounds to me also as a warning for those that develop libraries and like to share their work with others.

Thanks for the info

cheers

Cor

You're welcome!

Commercial entities prey on hobbyists' work and make money without sharing back. 

It has been a recurring issue with this specific library and I had no option but to pull the library out.

So if anybody starts a new lib like this they should think about the intellectual property rights carefully !

regards

Cor

So if anybody starts a new lib like this they should think about the intellectual property rights carefully !

regards

Cor

Yes, I did mention copyright and licence, Creative Commons, Attribution, Share Alike, Non Commercial to protect my work, and implemented a donation-based system, to no avail. 

Source code is much more difficult to protect than a packaged application.

I think this is a real problem for hobbyists and makers, especially for sharing and contributing. Does anyone have a better experience?

Maybe we should get this shared with the complete 43oh community, if we can find out how we can protect our sharing of knowledge and hardwork. Start a specific topic ?