Sign in to follow this  
Mac

MSP430x2xx Family User's Guide Questions

Just printed all but the last 77 pages of this monster (SLAU144F) this weekend. I thought it might be handy having a hard copy of this particular manual. But I have a couple questions, if you all don't mind.

(1) Is it safe to assume I want to read and study Chapter 3 - RISC 16-Bit CPU, instead of Chapter 4 - 16-Bit MSP430X CPU?

(2) For value line devices, I can pretty much skip all the chapters describing peripherals missing in those devices, yes, no?

TIA Gentlemen.

Cheerful regards, Mike

1. Chapter 4 is for devices with address space larger than 64Kb so it does not apply to value line.

I would also skip chapter 3 if you do not plan any ASM development (though it's good to know what's going on and what's available, for example things like BCD arithmetic which is not supported by C but available through intrinsic function.)

2. They included all peripherals available in msp430 series and many of them are not available in all chips. For example chapters 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15-17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24 are not applicable to G2231 but chapter 19 is to G2211.