Sign in to follow this  
danharres

Fast and Fun MSP430 Robot Car

I started reading the MSP430 based robot application book which is great! It's great that you made a kit to go along with the book on kick starter but why put the announcement in a .ppt file?

Okay.  Fair enough.  The truth is that we don't have a lot of experience with these forums, blogs, etc. and we're trying to get up to speed on how to do this stuff.

The URL for the Kickstarter project is: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1405970721/fast-and-fun-msp430-robot-car.

We also have a Youtube video at: 

We have great technology but our marketing admittedly sucks.

Dan Harres

Bitstream Technology

Thanks for the comments.  Actually, the convergence to IAR and MSP430G2452 were partly just a personal preference and partly just to make the examples easier for the reader to follow.  I didn't want to have a situation where I'd have to say "for the IAR compiler do this, but for the CCS compiler do that" or likewise with the 2452 versus all the other LaunchPad-compatible MSP430-variants.  The fact is that I do like Code Composer and I do like other MSP430 DIP versions (particularly the MSP430G2553), it's just that IAR and MSP430G2452 were my favorites at the time.

Dan Harres

Our website is being re-done to include new products and to include the code samples.  Unfortunately, the website won't be revised until mid-June.

I believe Elsevier (the publisher) said they would provide code samples on their website, but I haven't checked that.  I will check with them and let you know.

Dan Harres

I was happy to find this selection available in the Safaribooks Online catalog. People should check it out if they have a subscription. Not sure about the asm focus, however there is lots of useful information.

-rick

Rick,

Code samples will be available on Elsevier website in about 10 days and will be available on our company (Bitstream Technology) website about mid-June.

Dan