43oh

nrf24l01+ strange behavior when connected to same computer

It's quite possible they are even using counterfeit NRF chips.

I don't know why you keep bitching about those cheap nrf24l01+ modules. You know that at this price tag you can't get any other RF module even those cheap 433 TX and 433 RX 2 transistors modules.

Can you recommend good and cheap 2.4GHz modules that are not fake?

And why you always talk about 433MHz, but you never mention 315MHz and 418MHz?

I don't know why you keep bitching about those cheap nrf24l01+ modules. You know that at this price tag you can't get any other RF module even those cheap 433 TX and 433 RX 2 transistors modules.

Can you recommend good and cheap 2.4GHz modules that are not fake?

And why you always talk about 433MHz, but you never mention 315MHz and 418MHz?

Hi Ike... I'd like to step in here and flag this as inappropriate. JP was just stating his view and not throwing his weight around. He's doing a big favor to us by sharing his knowledge and time here and he also is well versed with radios, so he knows alot more and probably is right.

I'm not taking sides here, but it is risky to put such modules in a production device. They are cheap because they cut alot of corners. For a hobby level to mid level low cost, non-critical device, these will work fine, since they can be replaced without much overhead.

I don't know why you keep bitching about those cheap nrf24l01+ modules. 

I am not bitching, because I have never had a problem with unreliable Nordic kit.  I used them extensively before I made the switch to chipcon in 2007 or so.  ... So it was a surprise to me that there are so many threads about people struggling with these modules.  Then I found out that the modules are actually boards produced by *uncertified* Chinese shops and, essentially, snuck through customs via eBay.  And you are wondering why it doesn't work like it should?

Anyway, HopeRF is an example of a Chinese company that is quite reputable and about as low-cost as a reputable company can be.  If you are willing to spend $10 instead of $5, I would suggest checking-out their product line.

FWIW once I fixed my ground bounce issue, it seems like the modules are working as expected, including the new features that are supposed to be part of the + variant. I've had it running sending packets a few times a second all weekend long and didn't see any issues. 10 modules for $14 is just not something that can be beat for a non critical hobby project.

I do appreciate the pointers to the HopeRF, the ones on Ebay (assuming they aren't fake) aren't priced badly either.

• 1 month later...

Then I found out that the modules are actually boards produced by *uncertified* Chinese shops and, essentially, snuck through customs via eBay.  And you are wondering why it doesn't work like it should?

How do you know that they don't have Chinese certificate? 

And you can be sure that those cheap ebay's modules work, because sellers have 99.++% positive feedback with thousands sales. And I don't talk only about nrf24l01+ , but all of those cheap modules like LCD, HC-SR04 , LM2596 , Bluetooth RF , DS1302 , PL2303HX and so on.