43oh

Be Featured In A Texas Instrument's Energia Community Remix Video

-- Deadline is end of this week. --

TI sent me this the other day. It sounds like a pretty good idea. All you have to do is recite the following script on video, dropbox it and send the link over to adrianf  AT ti.com or jayanthi AT ti.com. Subject it as "Energia Community Video"

TI Studio will cut and remix it and have it published.

---

We would love if Energia users film themselves with a webcam/smartphone with the following script. We also challenge them to be as creative as they want (i.e. incorporate their kids, projects, etc)...

[script]

not really,if you think of all the commercials for dell or whoever that have a bunch of short video cuts of people saying whatever, this is how they're made.  they pre-write their commercial, and have a bunch of people read those lines, then edit together the best sounding set they want.  as long as you think of it as a commercial than it is perfectly un-sleezy, and just business

Personally, I do not see a problem with TI doing this. Although I do feel that promoting their products is their business, and not mine. If i have something positive to say about one thing or another its because I would think its a good thing. Not just for the sake of promoting something that I benefit nothing from. 

I understand that TI will do what it can to present itself in a positive light, including an implication that they played a significant supportive role in the development of these tools that they're now promoting. Perhaps TI supports Energia development, but if Energia would even exist without mspgcc it certainly doesn't depend on the one part of mspgcc that I managed to talk them into funding.

While TI is now paying Red Hat to develop a new MSP430 GNU toolchain, all signs indicate they have no interest in working to ensure compatibility with what the real open source msp430 community's been using for ten years.

I'm disgusted with the whole thing.