43oh

Community BoosterPacks for Maker Faire Display

makerFaire_2012_boosterpacks.jpg

Last years MF 2012 Pics.

I'd like to make a call for members to send in their working BoosterPacks so I can demo them at this years Maker Faire, San Mateo - May 19. Working ones are appreciated, because blinky/flashy lights, sounds and button presses excites booth surfers.... grabs their attention.

I'll be returning all BPs back to their owners as I did last time.

If you are interested in sending you BP over:

- You will have to send your BP or design to me over this week and middle of next week. I'll appreciate it if you can send in your Launchpad too for me to run it. It will all be returned.

- I'll be creating a shipping label for you to send it to me. Just reply here or PM me.

- Once the  Faire is done, I'll be returning your goods back.

If you have any questions, please reply below, I'll be glad to answer them.

I wish I had another week so I could finish out the mouse sensor board.  I am waiting on parts to add 4 8x8 red LED matrices for a real time display of the sensor  information (16x16 pixels) like a micro camera to scan surfaces with.  the 2051 sensor has a pixel dump command to read out the pixels.  since it is a serial connection it can only get between 5 and 10 FPS because its reading them out one per command request, but it will work.

a guy did it here and stored the image information to a computer by position to try and build up an image, but it has obvious limitations for that, I am just gonna display it on the LED matrix, but it would be flashy and fun to play with.

post-7036-0-25707800-1367857181_thumb.jpg

I wish I had another week so I could finish out the mouse sensor board.  I am waiting on parts to add 4 8x8 red LED matrices for a real time display of the sensor  information (16x16 pixels) like a micro camera to scan surfaces with.  the 2051 sensor has a pixel dump command to read out the pixels.  since it is a serial connection it can only get between 5 and 10 FPS because its reading them out one per command request, but it will work.

a guy did it here and stored the image information to a computer by position to try and build up an image, but it has obvious limitations for that, I am just gonna display it on the LED matrix, but it would be flashy and fun to play with.

@@JWoodrell What parts are you waiting on?  I've got a dozen 8x8 red matrices at home.

I have 5 of these being delivered today  they are smaller than the standard size 8x8.. they are 20mmx20mm overall size which should let me put all 4 together on a single board, but I gotta figure out how the code and how to drive 4 of them at once...  i don't know if I'll have time, but since I finished my hybrid controller board and sent it off last night, I'll be able to focus on this.  but it will be built on proto board rather than a fabed PCB...  but it should be fun to play with.

I have 5 of these being delivered today  they are smaller than the standard size 8x8.. they are 20mmx20mm overall size which should let me put all 4 together on a single board, but I gotta figure out how the code and how to drive 4 of them at once...  i don't know if I'll have time, but since I finished my hybrid controller board and sent it off last night, I'll be able to focus on this.  but it will be built on proto board rather than a fabed PCB...  but it should be fun to play with.

I bought my 12 (32mm x 32mm) to put together some DIY HT1632 boards (6 per chip) - got a camera I was planning on using with one of my Stellaris boards - still haven't started that project though :)  Going to have to bookmark those - good price.  

This week would be great. Thanks!

Putting something together...

G2553 + my original rev1 nrf24 bpak that was never sold through the store (it doesn't cover the pushbutton & LED) as a transmitter, will be powered by your LiPo boosterpack

F5172 LP + my nrf24 bpak sold through the store, driving a short strip of 4 WS2811 LEDs based on the commands from the G2553.  This'll need USB power and it'll be god-awful bright (5V Vcc for the WS2811's :D) But the S2 pushbutton on the G2553 LP will select low-brightness vs. full-brightness.