sparky

New $45 Beaglebone

@spirillis

You are amazing. 

I have been so overwhelmed with getting things going for this huge education show we are doing in Atlanta, when I came in and saw your package on my desk. 

I opened it and immediately loved the FTDI breakout board :smile:, but what I REALLY REALLY REALLY love (I can't stress that enough here) is the adapter board you made! Not sure if I'm just late to finding out about it until that moment it came out of the envelope, but you have made my ENTIRE week. I don't have time yet to write the blog post I need to about LaunchPad + Beaglebone in Education, but your "BoosterPack Cape Adapter" fits perfectly!

I was so psyched that I actually rescheduled a in person meeting to be on the phone so I could solder the headers on and try it out :smile:

Anyways, THANK you for sending me a few samples and when I get back from ASEE, I hope to have the post out on the e2e blog roll so you can see how your board fits in with all of the other University tools!

And yes, I will be sharing them around the office!

9101457818_ae16f96bf6.jpg

Untitled by laraswanland, on Flickr

(rest of the photos: 

)

@spirillis

You are amazing. 

I have been so overwhelmed with getting things going for this huge education show we are doing in Atlanta, when I came in and saw your package on my desk. 

I opened it and immediately loved the FTDI breakout board :smile:, but what I REALLY REALLY REALLY love (I can't stress that enough here) is the adapter board you made! Not sure if I'm just late to finding out about it until that moment it came out of the envelope, but you have made my ENTIRE week. I don't have time yet to write the blog post I need to about LaunchPad + Beaglebone in Education, but your "BoosterPack Cape Adapter" fits perfectly!

I was so psyched that I actually rescheduled a in person meeting to be on the phone so I could solder the headers on and try it out :smile:

Anyways, THANK you for sending me a few samples and when I get back from ASEE, I hope to have the post out on the e2e blog roll so you can see how your board fits in with all of the other University tools!

And yes, I will be sharing them around the office!

I am happy you liked them :grin:  FYI I have a shipment of both FTDI boards and BBB LP capes headed to bluehash so if he has time they should be available in the 43oh store next week or soon anyway...

Detailed thread on the BeagleBone Black LaunchPad cape here on @@bluehash 's new site BeagleFu.com: http://forum.beaglefu.com/topic/49-beaglebone-launchpad-cape/

(It should work on the BBW just fine but I haven't actually tried it yet)

I also have an example of the GPS Boosterpack actually working (devicetree overlay functional, able to read the UART @ 9600) in this post -- http://forum.beaglefu.com/topic/95-expose-remaining-beaglebone-uarts/?p=297