43oh

SwitchPad: LaunchPad Gender Changer

Hi All,

I got fed up with male headers on the LaunchPad, so I made up a small PCB to gender change the LaunchPad. It has the nice side effect that it is easy to switch my LaunchPad among different projects. Check it out

https://analog10.com/posts/000_switchpad.html

Thanks,

Dave

post-3-0-68610800-1366388848_thumb.jpgpost-3-0-11438200-1366388852_thumb.jpgpost-3-0-76875200-1366388852_thumb.jpgpost-3-0-44900600-1366388853_thumb.jpgpost-3-0-28468400-1366388854_thumb.jpg

Edited by bluehash
Uploaded Pictures.

Hi All,

I got fed up with male headers on the LaunchPad, so I made up a small PCB to gender change the LaunchPad. It has the nice side effect that it is easy to switch my LaunchPad among different projects. Check it out

https://analog10.com/posts/000_switchpad.html

Thanks,

Dave

Not bad. Did you have to cut it manually? or did the board house do it. I like the way it bridges over to the other jumpers.

Edit: Moving to the Boosterpack section.

Edited by bluehash
Moving to the Boosterpack section

@roadrunner84: I tried the double header solution but I think it only works well with badly toleranced headers. I could not get it to work consistently.

@bluehash: What's depicted is the OSH park prototype I made. As it was my first PCB of course I made the mistake of not fixing my perimeter edge cuts, so I got a solid rectangle. The PCB kit I will have for sale are properly cut and are tab routed in the middle so the pair snaps apart.

LariSan, the price per unit is $3.15, including PCB, 4 1x10 female headers, 2 2x2 extra long headers, and 1 2x3 extra long headers. I am still putting my store together but if you PM me, we can set up a paypal payment or the like. I hope this isn't a dealbreaker, but the purple was a prototype; the production version is red!

• 4 weeks later...