Forum sending old emails Read more... ×
bluehash

Anyone interested in grouping PCB fab orders?

This will allow us to get the boards quicker via DHL in 3-4 days instead of a week.

1. Start thread. 

2. Submit design with color, size and number.

3. Starter of thread manages the order.

4. Order ships to starter of thread and then to individuals.

Not sure if this is quicker or worth it. Had an idea, blurted it out.

I think this would be worth a try. It would probably save a week and some $$. Only problem is that everyone except the thread starter will have to pay for shipping twice.

I've used the dhl option twice now, it's great to get the boards in way less time and you don't need to sign for it like the china post often requires.

Not sure this is worth the trouble.

Once when I used DHL option, my package spent 5 days in the clearing house and in the end it took as much time as the regular post did.

All boards would have to be ready at the same time.

In the last few weeks, Elecrow orders take less than 3 weeks.

I think this is only a viable option for US (and maybe CA) customers. European shipping is expensive anyway, plus inter-country shipping in Europe is expensive as well. If I'd order something in Belium (I'm in NL) it's cheaper to drive 30km than to let it ship over the border.

So, if anyone starts such a thread, start with stating the country of management in the subject. It's not worth for Europeans to look into a US only thread in this case.

This is a 5 year old thread.  PCB prices have dropped significantly in that time and you can get free DHL from some of the China companies.

@NicloePatt are you a bot placed here to promote your PCB board company? I haven't seen you ask or respond to any question here in all your posts.

On 2/14/2018 at 11:54 AM, Rickta59 said:

This is a 5 year old thread.  PCB prices have dropped significantly in that time and you can get free DHL from some of the China companies.

@NicloePatt are you a bot placed here to promote your PCB board company? I haven't seen you ask or respond to any question here in all your posts.

Thanks. There is a pattern. Account suspended until the user responds back.