43oh

How to properly config ADC sampling rate?

Hello all,

I am very new to MSP430. The application that I work on needs to have a precise number of a sampling rate as information for me to do a further analysis. Simply put, what should I do ? or how can I config if I want the sampling frequency to be at exact number ?, for example 250 Hz. Please enlighten me. Thank you so much.

I am very new to MSP430. The application that I work on needs to have a precise number of a sampling rate as information for me to do a further analysis. Simply put, what should I do ? or how can I config if I want the sampling frequency to be at exact number ?, for example 250 Hz.

Is that 25E1 Hz, 250.Hz, or 250.000Hz? The accuracy will depend the trigger source; if your trigger is from an internal clock you'll need to understand its accuracy characteristics. A general approach is to trigger an A2D using a timer output, then use an interrupt or DMA on completion of the A2D conversion to process the data. I believe timer-based ADC conversions is a standard example in the MCU example programs available for whatever MCU you're using.

As RR84 suggests also check the data sheet for your MCU to determine whether the range of ADC sampling rates you need can be supported.