43oh

Best PCB maker for prototyping?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just got some boards back from http://quickturnpcb.co.kr/ and I think that they are amazing quality.   I think they took 7 days to get to me from South Korea.   Hers's a few pictures.  

This is my research for 100x boards: Seeedstudio (China) = ~$100 + 3 weeks shipping U&I (S.Korea) = ~$200 + 1 day shipping Crimp Circuits (Toronto) = ~$700 + 1 day shipping APCIrcuits (Calgary

The general idea is, Seeed/ITead/Elecrow offer similar PCB services--although atm Elecrow tends to be cheaper just because you get all soldermask colors free, but some of us have noticed minor imperfe

Posted Images

How big were the boards for comparison?

Sent from my C3PO via Tapatalk

The boards were 1.6" x 2.3" in size.

As you can see in the photos above, U&I panelized the boards. They did that all on their own. 

The panels use a combination of v-groove and router-ing between the boards - not just v-groove.

I think that is a nice touch for free!

As you can see in the photos above, U&I panelized the boards. They did that all on their own. 

The panels use a combination of v-groove and router-ing between the boards - not just v-groove.

So you just gave them the one board file and said you wanted 100x and they panelized it for you?

Does it snap off cleanly?

So you just gave them the one board file and said you wanted 100x and they panelized it for you?

Does it snap off cleanly?

Yes they panelized it for me at no charge.

And Yes the boards separate cleanly. The only thing I can complain about is that snapping open the v-groove causes the unpleasant fiberglass shards to get on your skin. Itchy!

But you will get that with any board house, of course.

• 6 years later...