Sign in to follow this  
Mac

20-pin MSP430G2452 Samples Arrive...

Yep, looks just like mine (lol) (my LaunchPad board is rev.1.4).

The 16-MHz calibration settings seem to work. Very cool! Looks like we can all shed the 2KB/128/1-MHz boundary very soon (grin).

Though, each time I attempt to program it, it seems to take 20 or so attempts before getting a good program download. I'll check out the other device and report back.

The 16-MHz calibration settings seem to work. Very cool! Looks like we can all shed the 2KB/128/1-MHz boundary very soon (grin).

Are these pre-calibrated? If not, will the calibration code work on these (i.e. are they in the same memory space?). I haven't felt there was a 1MHz "boundary" since NatureTM posted instructions on how to flash the missing constants.

Though, each time I attempt to program it, it seems to take 20 or so attempts before getting a good program download.

This is worrisome. Let us know how this pans out. I'll try mine soon and report. :?

Though, each time I attempt to program it, it seems to take 20 or so attempts before getting a good program download. I'll check out the other device and report back.

On the TI E2E, there were a quite a number of posts that say they cannot use CCS to program G2453 at all. What were you using? And how is it now?

I suspect that some of TI's assembly site are not up to par. What are the markings on the chip you got? Especially the string of characters after the TI logo?

I am very curious about this.

Thanks

--OCY

You're not alone. (unless this is you): http://groups.google.com/group/ti-launc ... 7c2a38d59d

No, that's not me...

I'm using CCSv4 (4.2.1) and still having problems programming the 2452 devices. I've tried both 2452's and two different LP (Rev.1.4) boards with "no joy"...

Cheerful regards, Mike

Here is another example.

http://e2e.ti.com/support/microcontroll ... 93751.aspx

Posted by Doug Bennett replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 10:33 PM

I have had some limited success by starting fresh with a brand new project, using the include. Program is a microcrystal test program and is 86 bytes. Approximately 50% of the time I can flash the 2452 successfully and about the same percentage of the time I can initiate the Run command from CCS successfully. However, rarely can I single step the program without an error.

I have tried it with USB supplied power and a separate power supply for the MSP target device and it doesn't seem to affect the results one way or the other. However, there is tangible comfort in that I now have a flashing LED. :)

I wonder how much my successful device flashing percentage would drop if it was a much larger program....

I also wonder if there aren't slight timing differences between the 2231 and 2452...either due to the chip design itself or perhaps this is just a bad batch of 2452s.