43oh

MSP430G2955 Launchpad Development

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going to try my hand soon at a "jack of many trades" G2955 LaunchPad.     This model gives me a test bed for playing with the QFN version of the chip, which seems to be easier to come by than t

Felt little nostalgic looking at that 40 DIP, so I took out my 80's treasures box    

Ok guys, I just solved something that was bugging me a lot about this board.   I got a lot of 50 1x50 male right-angle PTH 1.27mm headers, and a lot of female 1x40 1.27mm headers (sadly, the female

Posted Images

Yesterday evening my wife was out and I had some time to play with the Launchpad files. It's not a BoosterPack though... ;-)

attachicon.gifMSP-EXPG2P40_1P0.sch

attachicon.gifMSP-EXPG2P40_1P0.brd

attachicon.gifMSP-EXPG2P40_1P0.jpg

Thanks GG. I'll look into fabing this if anyone is interested after Rob's board comes in.

Just recognized that there are a couple of issues with this.

- I moved the pin headers when moving the package, so it doesn't adhere to the LP standard, need to fix this. 

- The LP emulator does only support G2744 and not G2955.

- I want to add a second socket inside to support the other VL devices too.

post-30789-0-90483600-1364552839_thumb.jpg

- Need to add jumpers for the UART. On the header pins 2/3 should be either P1.1 and P1.2 or P3.4 and P3.5

Think I got it. I added a 20 pin socket for G2553 and moved the pinheaders back in their original position.

The layout is not the prettiest, but that's not the most important part ;-)

post-30789-0-59068400-1364564460_thumb.jpg

MSP-EXPG2P40P20_1P0.brd

MSP-EXPG2P40P20_1P0.sch

I also removed the Emulator in this version.

post-30789-0-39110100-1364567596_thumb.jpg

MSP-EXPG2BP_P40P20_1P0.brd

MSP-EXPG2BP_P40P20_1P0.sch

This is what I added since it annoyed me on the LP previously.

+ GND connector to the jumpers from emulator to target added

+ Added a 2nd button connected to P1.4

[ADMIN]This particular post has a related discussion here.

Has anyone actually gotten a launchpad to program the 2955, i can't get CCS to recognize it, it just comes up with

MSP430: Error connecting to the target: Could not find device (or device not supported).

I set the project variant to g2955(had to update ccs to get the option)

I'm interested in what I'm doing wrong as i just have wires soldered to the pins on the chip and plugging those wires into the 5 pin VCC/TST/RST/TXD/RXD header

has anyone actually gotten a launchpad to program the 2955, i can't get CCS to recognize it, it just comes up with

MSP430: Error connecting to the target: Could not find device (or device not supported).

I set the project variant to g2955(had to update ccs to get the option)

I'm interested in what I'm doing wrong as i just have wires soldered to the pins on the chip and plugging those wires into the 5 pin VCC/TST/RST/TXD/RXD header

Please mention x-post, if you are asking a related question in two threads. Corrected above post.

• 1 month later...

I just played a bit around with Rob's board and the MSP430G2955 and discovered that only P1 and P2 have interrupts on the MSP430G2955. According to the LaunchPad/BoosterPack standard only two pins are required to be interrupt capable: P1.3 and XOUT on the MSP430-launchpad (A5 and B3 according the BoosterPack Interface spec). I really wasn't aware of that requirement until now, I just figured that most pins had interrupt capabilities anyways.