pine

TIDeals : April 17th - Chronos Watch.

38 dollars is ok - but 30 dollars for shipping it to Norway?

The first time I bought a Chronos, it was 49 dollars - shipping included.

38 dollars is ok - but 30 dollars for shipping it to Norway?

The first time I bought a Chronos, it was 49 dollars - shipping included.

Did you tried the "United States Postal Service Express Mail International"? It didn't charge me the shipping cost with this one.

Did you tried the "United States Postal Service Express Mail International"? It didn't charge me the shipping cost with this one.

Yes, I did - that was 44 - 55 dollars. :-/

Is there a way to add other items to the same order? I usually order enough for free shipping. When I try to order the chronos I can't even log into my digikey account or add other items.

For those of you considering getting a Chronos watch, please keep in mind that

1) This watch is not waterproof. Apparently, the "30m waterproof" classification, as advertised in TI's literature, really means "can get an occasional splash". The watch will leak if you swim or take a shower in it.

2) This being an experimental device, there is absolutely no warranty provided by either TI or DigiKey.

See this post for more details:

http://forum.43oh.com/topic/2142-bad-experience-with-a-ti-deals-purchase/

$30 shipping to Singapore.. I guess no more Ti-deals for me. haha

I think TI made some arrangement last time with Digikey on TIDeals so that international shipping is free? It is quite surprise to hear $30 for shipping to Singapore.. I am in Hong Kong and there is no shipping charge yesterday I tried on the Digikey site..

I think TI made some arrangement last time with Digikey on TIDeals so that international shipping is free? It is quite surprise to hear $30 for shipping to Singapore.. I am in Hong Kong and there is no shipping charge yesterday I tried on the Digikey site..

Hmm, perhaps I need to check with Digi-Key about my order.

Hmm, perhaps I need to check with Digi-Key about my order.

Might be a good idea.  I could have sworn that TI had to fix shipping for some countries last time around (think I saw it on their twitter feed).

Might be a good idea.  I could have sworn that TI had to fix shipping for some countries last time around (think I saw it on their twitter feed).

Awww, I'm way too late. I checked the order status now, and not only is it sent, it turns out that UPS already have had an unsuccessful delivery attempt at my home (while I was at work) earlier today. Hopefully they'll just hand it over to the postal service soon (for some reason, carrier companies (FedEx, DHL, UPS) here (Oslo, Norway) are hopeless to work with; they insist on delivering during work hours, no matter if the address is residential or not, they don't allow  you to schedule a delivery time, and on and on). Joy.

Awww, I'm way too late. I checked the order status now, and not only is it sent, it turns out that UPS already have had an unsuccessful delivery attempt at my home (while I was at work) earlier today. Hopefully they'll just hand it over to the postal service soon (for some reason, carrier companies (FedEx, DHL, UPS) here (Oslo, Norway) are hopeless to work with; they insist on delivering during work hours, no matter if the address is residential or not, they don't allow  you to schedule a delivery time, and on and on). Joy.

They might refund the shipping - might still be worth a try.  

I checked, no free shipping for Singapore.. is there something you need to enter to get free shipping?