HeKe

Trouble Installing CCS 5.3

Hello,

after hours of trying I haven't installed the Code Composer Studio 5.3, yet. The Installer breaks down when it reaches this point:

- successfully unzipped eclipserepo.zip

- percent now 2

I have a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit system and my harddrive is divided into three partitions...

Thank you for your help.

Greetings HeKe

Hello,

after hours of trying I haven't installed the Code Composer Studio 5.3, yet. The Installer breaks down when it reaches this point:

- successfully unzipped eclipserepo.zip

- percent now 2

I have a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit system and my harddrive is divided into three partitions...

Thank you for your help.

Greetings HeKe

Did you download the full installer? or online installer. Go for the full installer.

Hi,

thank you bluehash for your reply. I wanted to install with the full installer of CCS 5.3.0 for my MSP430G2553 device -> no success -> error

I delete the older version because it wasn't installed correctly too...

Greetings

HeKe

post-15754-0-84474600-1364234062_thumb.png

Although it would be better to upgrade to the latest version (5.3), another possibility is to try doing an update to the current installation.  Believe you can find software updates as a drop down choice under 'Help' 

I checked a version that I had on this machine (4.2.x) and it had the 2553 listed after being updated.

Thank you guy for your replies. Now I still have the problem that I have no useable CCS Version on my PC, because the installer is breaking down all the time, independent from the CCS Version! I get no error or warnings, only this log file...

Greetings Henrik

ccs_setup_5.3.0.0_install.txt

Hello together,

I get the problem solved with this three-steps instruction from the TI-Forum :thumbup:

1. set TMP and TEMP variables from control panel to a writable directory that already exists and that you know doesn't have any junctions or links in the path.

2. Clean out the install directory completely (a delete will do)

3. Use CCS5.4.0 beta

Greetings

HeKe

Hello together,

I get the problem solved with this three-steps instruction from the TI-Forum :thumbup:

1. set TMP and TEMP variables from control panel to a writable directory that already exists and that you know doesn't have any junctions or links in the path.

2. Clean out the install directory completely (a delete will do)

3. Use CCS5.4.0 beta

Greetings

HeKe

Hi Heke, Thanks for getting back and letting us know. Glad you got it solved.