43oh

Information on upcoming MSP430 devices

Information on upcoming MSP430 chip releases is available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/mspgcc/files/msp430mcu/ in the 20130321 release of msp430mcu.  (FWIW, I believe all this information can be extracted from the CCS 5.4 beta as well.)

There are about two dozen new chips, including some value-line ones with 4K of RAM and up to 57K of flash (msp430g2955).  Interested people should grab the release tar file and review the analysis directory: the peripherals subdirectory has files that show what's in each chip (and for each peripheral which chips support it), and the ldscripts/*/memory.x files show memory sizes.  All this is derived from the upstream/devices.csv file and the mcu-specific headers.

At this time I don't plan to package up a new mspgcc that incorporates this, though I'm testing my development branches with it and it should be compatible with the 4.7 development series of mspgcc.

Have fun analyzing it all.

cubeberg, the msp430G2955 if as stated on the webpages when they were listed a week or so ago said TSSOP 38 for sure, and possibly QFP ? Not sure on the second package, but sure of the TSSOP.

I seem to recall the other two G2's were TSSOP38 too, but not 100% sure.

putting this here too for those who are interested.

well for those who act fast, digikey has 1 of these boards in stock that come with the 2955, and mouser has 2.  (digikey HAD 2... hehe)  so I should have a 2955 in my hot little hand just as soon as USPS can get it here.  I'll post pictures and whatnot's when it gets here

they're 90 and 100 bucks respectively... but hey, whats a cnote between friends.

cubeberg, the msp430G2955 if as stated on the webpages when they were listed a week or so ago said TSSOP 38 for sure, and possibly QFP ? Not sure on the second package, but sure of the TSSOP.

I seem to recall the other two G2's were TSSOP38 too, but not 100% sure.

38 TSSOP and 40 VQFN (Very Thin, Quad Flat Pack, no leads). QFP is a Quad Flat Package with Leads.