Sign in to follow this  
ashwini.nazarkar

Heart rate monitor using MSP430

Hi,

I am a beginner and i am learning to code MSP430 using C++ to accept the values/ecg from simulator processing it and displaying on the 7-segment display......can anyone help me with the codes??  :(

It would be of great great help to me

Sure we can help, but first we need to know more about the problem. Some helpful things would be

• Code you are working with
  • More information on the ECG and how you are getting the data to the msp430 (serial.SPI,etc)
  • Any schematics / wiring diagrams

Once you give us that we can start assisting. 

Halo SirPatrick,

ThankQ so much for the reply. Recently i have been studying alot about MSP430 but i dont understand how to implement this board for Heart Rate Monitor.

• M gonna code MSP430 with the help of Code composer studio 5.3.0 software
  • I have no idea how should i get the ECG data to the MSP430   :-(  and I need to connect electrodes to myself to measurement of ECG but for instance m thinking of using ECG simulator or triangular waveform (by setting some threshold and measuring it).
  • m so sorry because i dont have any schematics or any diagrams but launchpad.MSP430 board  

I have attached the flow chat of my work, please let me know if my approach is correct or not

post-31618-0-52238900-1362299350_thumb.png

You might want to checkout this kit made by Olimex:
post-23383-0-59640300-1362317518_thumb.jpg
It utilizes a MSP430FG439 and the included demo software should do everything you need, however it appears to be written in IAR KickStart.

Details: https://www.olimex.com/Products/Modules/Biofeedback/MOD-EKG/  They have a PulseOx meter, too: https://www.olimex.com/Products/Modules/Biofeedback/MOD-PULSE/
This is based on TI application note slaa280a.pdf. Might be worth a look, too.