43oh

Is it just me or tonight TI doubled LaunchPad price?

Yes, device support is limited. I am working on a fix for that.

The price for the F2013 kit is $24 on the order page.

Isn't it $20 before? And FraunchPad is now $35.. My last one was $29? EZ430-RF2500 is now $58, and I remember it was $50..

Are all 430 line product getting a jump in price?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a little afraid that I'll step into a big pile here, but I wanted to offer a couple of nuggets *please keep in mind that I usually only deal with University Partners, so I come from a slightly uni

You forgot one:   - TI's lack off an effort in truly contributing to MSPGCC and MSPDebug or its developers.  (By the way - I'd like to thank Peter Bigot, Daniel Beer, and everyone else who's worked

I'm going to use this price increase as an excuse to find something better. I've long put up with all the warts on the msp430 because of the price. At $4.30 I felt like it needed a hand from the commu

Posted Images

I have just bought two more msp430 launchpad for the bad days : ))btw it already costs more than 10 dollars in turkey (nothing new for months) but news from u.s. can increase the prices even higher : )) 

p.s. i will have 6 launchpads now.. two of them is rev 1.4 (lovelllyyy female headers) and i have used only one of them yet : )) (for my light alarm :] )

Yes, device support [on ez430] is limited. I am working on a fix for that.

I can't find a difference between the launchpad emulator part and the ez430 emulator (except for some USB signal conditioning part, and the Rx/Tx jumpers). So I guess you could just flash the launchpad programmer firmware in the ez430...

Yes, they have to be matched - EEPROM and F1216 firmware. Know all that and a lot more. I wrote F1216 code to read/write the EEPROM. Have firmware images of EEPROM and F1216 for several eZ430 versions and the LP - seem to be good.

Was trying to do it using BSL and coulndn't make it work.

Have a real MSP-FET430UIF now.

So I went off and did some comparison shopping and created a spreadsheet filled with development boards and chips that are easily available and can be bought in small quantities. While I like the msp430 for small projects requiring less than 16k/512b. What TI offers when you want more than that puts you into surface mount chips and higher prices. My spreadsheet looks at alternatives that could fit the bill when you want a little more flash ~32K, > 25 MHz cpu speed and ~2K of ram. My personal priorities are probably different than yours. On the spreadsheet I ordered the columns left to right based on what I want. I didn't look at 8 bit processors as I don't have any desire to go backwards.

Nothing scientific here, just a gut feel on how I rank them. Don't complain about my choices, I'm just sharing with the group. Lots of extra info when you hover over the cells, with links to the boards and chips.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhIbUzSEOlORdGFVWDZ0dnIxNm5zTlc4bGxfTDlTQ2c#gid=0

-rick

So I went off and did some comparison shopping and created a spreadsheet filled with development boards and chips that are easily available and can be bought in small quantities. While I like the msp430 for small projects requiring less than 16k/512b. What TI offers when you want more than that puts you into surface mount chips and higher prices. My spreadsheet looks at alternatives that could fit the bill when you want a little more flash ~32K, > 25 MHz cpu speed and ~2K of ram. My personal priorities are probably different than yours. On the spreadsheet I ordered the columns left to right on the spreadsheet based on what I want. I didn't look at 8 bit processors as I don't have any desire to go backwards.

Nothing scientific here, just a gut feel on how I rank them. Don't complain about my choices, I'm just sharing with the group. Lots of extra info when you hover over the cells, with links to the boards and chips.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhIbUzSEOlORdGFVWDZ0dnIxNm5zTlc4bGxfTDlTQ2c#gid=0

-rick

Curious question : What makes you place the Stellaris LP last. It's better than the Freescale Freedom in spec terms[80Mhz, floating, 256k/32k]. Is it availability?

Good spread sheet. What's the asterix on the bootloader? Could you link them to appropriate store/order pages?

Edit: NVM. The notes have links.