elpaso

Is it just me or tonight TI doubled LaunchPad price?

The price changed from 4.30 to 5.00 to 9.99 then back to 4.30 and now is 5.00... all this in less than 48 hours.

Maybe they loaded a bingo module on their e-commerce software  8-)

The price changed from 4.30 to 5.00 to 9.99 then back to 4.30 and now is 5.00... all this in less than 48 hours.

Maybe they loaded a bingo module on their e-commerce software  8-)

Which means they may be figuring things out. Also, it is the weekend.. a bit difficult to get hold of people. I'd give them some time to sort this out.

Hi 43oh community,

This is Adrian from the TI MCU group - wanted to chime in and confirm that the price of LaunchPad will change to $9.99. While the $4.30 promotional price of the MSP430 LaunchPad ended on March 1, 2013, at $9.99 it remains TI

Not to be debbie downer but at 10bucks, there isn't much reason to get a launchpad. First male headers, now doubling the price on the launchpad? A STM32F0 discovery board has 4x the flash program space, 15x the RAM, 3x the core? CLK speed, 2x w/ 32bit instruction set and is now CHEAPER than the msp430 launchpad. The MSP430 launchpad has lost its only selling point which was its price. 32 bit ARM processors are far more powerful, have more open source support, and compete with the msp430 in their low power models. Why use TI msp430s at school or work now? *cries* why TI...why...?

There numerous other dev boards in the 10usd range as well that flat how destroy the msp430... another example is the Freescale Freedom board which is 12 bucks. For an extra 2 usd you get a Cortex M0+ w/ USB support...ect

Only thing that drew people to the launchpad was the price. Not the dev tools or the MCU itself and especially not the company TI as a whole. ..Edit: sorry rage moment... Always been a decent fan of TI until they pull things like this  :-(

Only thing that drew people to the launchpad was the price. Not the dev tools or the MCU itself and especially not the company TI as a whole

That was actually a draw for me. The fact that it was a TI product.

Bummer.

Still good deal I think ($4.30 BP + $5.70 Fedex shipping.)

Looking at it that way makes it seem legit for buying 1... But that doesn't account nicely for multiples.  The price got me into it and got me to hand them out.  At $4.30 it's less than a pack of smokes here and I could easily hand out 10 without blinking... but now, handing out 10 is $100? I won't be handing out free LP's anymore now...

The msp430 was my first micro. At $4.30 and free shipping any newbie is willing to "take the risk" into the world of microcontrollers. I don't think $10 is outrageous but I can guarantee I would look around on the internet more to see what else I could get for $10 first before i picked up an msp430.