43oh

Mobile app

43oh mobile app  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was thinking about 43oh making a iOS or/and Android version of their forums. I think it would be great to have a native app where you might be able to download threads to read them offline when you are flying or going to a remote area. What do you think?

I was thinking about 43oh making a iOS or/and Android version of their forums. I think it would be great to have a native app where you might be able to download threads to read them offline when you are flying or going to a remote area. What do you think?

A very good idea.. but I don't think it will be worth the effort as people may not use it that much. On the other hand, try board express or tapatalk. The forum works well with those apps.

You would have to pack it with features. I have created an app like that before and it was rejected by Apple due to it's simplicity.

Thats weird. I made an app for my science fair about the Woodland Caribou. It had a few labels and 3 buttons but it still got approved by Apple. 

That was back in 2009. I made an app that basically took all posts from a forum and presented it in an easy to read format.

I think at that time, they were trying to weed out all "flashlight" style apps. I still have it in my iTC and I could try to re-submit it, but the forum is long gone :)

This will be great! This is the forum I read everyday. Even though I live in a city where "the Internet is everywhere", we still get what we paid for in terms of bandwidth usage and QoS.. sometimes the latency is too bad I will just have to give up. Imagine waiting for 3 minutes to load a page in metro.. Offline reading app is really a sweet idea!

The websites mobile version is very good, i don't think it's missing anything.

As with any forum, i just use it from the browser. i really dislike having an app for every forum, and most of those apps just opening the forum's website in a stripped down browser.

Making an app that would be worthwhile to download is a huge amount of work, and honestly i don't see any reason to do so. 

Offline reading is possible with some web browser already, so that would be a plus either.