Sign in to follow this  
benbergman

Having trouble compiling cap touch booster pack demo with mspgcc

I'm relatively new to msp430 dev. I'm on Linux and intend to use mspgcc as my compiler. I see the demo code for the cap touch booster pack has a directory for CCS and IAR, but no makefile or anything for gcc. I found a generic msp430 makefile and added all the source files from the demo to it. I'm using the msp430g2152 and have updated all references accordingly. I'm still getting a bunch of errors like

CapTouchBoosterPack_UserExperience.c|172| relocation truncated to fit: R_MSP430_16 against symbol `TimerA_UART_tx' defined in .text section in uart.o
CapTouchBoosterPack_UserExperience.c|173| relocation truncated to fit: R_MSP430_16 against symbol `TimerA_UART_shutdown' defined in .text section in uart.o
|| CapTouchBoosterPack_UserExperience.o: In function `CapTouchIdleMode':
CapTouchBoosterPack_UserExperience.c|205| relocation truncated to fit: R_MSP430_16_BYTE against symbol `proximity_sensor' defined in .rodata section in CapacitiveTouchLibrary/structure.o
CapTouchBoosterPack_UserExperience.c|205| relocation truncated to fit: R_MSP430_16 against symbol `TI_CAPT_Custom' defined in .text section in CapacitiveTouchLibrary/CTS_Layer.o
|| CapTouchBoosterPack_UserExperience.o: In function `MeasureCapBaseLine':
CapTouchBoosterPack_UserExperience.c|225| relocation truncated to fit: R_MSP430_16_BYTE against symbol `wheel' defined in .rodata section in CapacitiveTouchLibrary/structure.o
CapTouchBoosterPack_UserExperience.c|225| relocation truncated to fit: R_MSP430_16 against symbol `TI_CAPT_Init_Baseline' defined in .text section in CapacitiveTouchLibrary/CTS_Layer.o
CapTouchBoosterPack_UserExperience.c|226| relocation truncated to fit: R_MSP430_16_BYTE against symbol `wheel' defined in .rodata section in CapacitiveTouchLibrary/structure.o
CapTouchBoosterPack_UserExperience.c|226| relocation truncated to fit: R_MSP430_16 against symbol `TI_CAPT_Update_Baseline' defined in .text section in CapacitiveTouchLibrary/CTS_Layer.o
CapTouchBoosterPack_UserExperience.c|227| relocation truncated to fit: R_MSP430_16_BYTE against symbol `middle_button' defined in .rodata section in CapacitiveTouchLibrary/structure.o
CapTouchBoosterPack_UserExperience.c|227| additional relocation overflows omitted from the output

Has anyone managed to compile this demo with mspgcc?

Alternatively, does anyone have an alternative demo using the captouch booster pack that does work with mspgcc?

I've searched through the forums a bit, but did not notice anything matching the above.

Thanks!

Here is the demo code, straight from TI's website[1]. I was trying to compile the files found in /Source/CapTouch_BoosterPack_UserExperience/ as they appeared to be what comes on the chip with the booster pack.

This is the makefile I was trying[2]. The only real changes I made to the make file were adding all the .c files to the sources line and changing the references to reflect my particular chip. The includes in the source were also changed. I tried refering to my particular chip as well as the generic msp430.h but got the same errors.

When I get home, I can send the exact files I was trying with, including the modifications.

[1]http://www.ti.com/litv/zip/slac490 from http://www.ti.com/tool/430boost-sense1

[2]http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/mspgcc/index.php?title=Example:Makefile

I was able to get the g2553 working with the code provided, but I did use my custom CCS/IAR comapatibility header, with defines for what mspgcc does not include.

I will be trying on your specfic chip today, to see if i get any errors

I was able to get the g2553 working with the code provided, but I did use my custom CCS/IAR comapatibility header, with defines for what mspgcc does not include.

I will be trying on your specfic chip today, to see if i get any errors

Thanks for looking into this. That CCS/IAR compatibility header sounds mighty useful. Do you have a link where I could download it?

LOL its a custom header that I have created to add the odd things you find. but the partial header is here >> 

http://forum.43oh.com/topic/2863-sample-code-for-robs-f5510-usb-dev-board/

My personal one has a few others that I have found after posting that one.

still working on it tho, I have lots of personal things going on.