43oh

Request for step-by-step compile for 2.2" LCD on Stellaris LaunchPad

Per the request of the Admins, I am starting a thread in General to discuss my failures at getting the 2.2" LCD to function on a Stellaris LaunchPad.

My problems started as soon as I had the headers soldered in place, the boosterpack pressed in place and powered up from USB.  Panel lights up, that's the last feeling of success. 

I do customer support of 3d CAD 4 axis mills.  I will refrain from using the work "issues" - if I had "Issues" I would be seeing a Shrink.

MacBook Pro running Windows 7 32 bit under Boot Camp.  Running this arrangement with my companies' software it is more stable and crashproof than BigBox PCs, so I feel confident the hardware is not the direct cause of problems.  I believe my installation of CCS is partially at fault.  I have both a Directory of C://ti and C://StellarisWare, I think this is normal.

Files called for in the main.c posted with the 2.2" LCD call for an INCLUDE of "msp430g2553.h" but this file does not exist anywhere on my C drive.  Had to find the text online and create a new header file.  Then next INCLUDE files sysctl.h, inc/hw_memmap.h and driverlib/gpio.h are MIA.  Repeating the Header file creation process doesn't help much.

So what I think is really needed for morons like myself is a step-by-step how-to with screen shots of the major steps to store and load the various files of the apps like the LightsOut game to follow.  Need to assume zero (meaning absolutely NO) prior programming experience.

What is needed from me in terms of documentation of locations for files and such?

EZR

My bad, thought you were using the msp430 launchpad. That is why I gave you a youtube video on how to create a project with it. With the msp430 launchpad, the "msp430g2553.h" file is the core definitions for the primary processor on that development board. Since your on the Stellaris LaunchPad with a different processor, you need new processor specific defines.

A member of ours by the name of timotet posted some code which should work with your dev board.

http://forum.43oh.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=2848 <-- code

http://forum.43oh.com/topic/2574-22-color-lcd-booster-pack-with-touch/page-4 <-- thread link

You will notice in the main.c file there is an #include "inc/lm4f120h5qr.h" as opposed to #include "msp430g2553.h".