Sign in to follow this  
tripwire

"LaunchPad- Why Male Headers?" - video moved

I just spotted the post in tips about Larissa Swanland's TI University video. It looks like the video URL changed after you posted, it's now at:

(It's surprisingly tricky to post youtube links without embedding on this board software. Code tags to the rescue! :smile:)

holy cow !!!

in that youtube video, she says there have been 250,000 launchpads shipped  !!!      250 K.   !

this is at 25 seconds into this fairly recent release.

no breakdown on that volume, of course        (is it : 430 / stellaris / booster packs / etcetera)

but she claims 'lot's have gone to educational institutions'

I'd be curious how many times Energia has been downloaded.............

As far as I know this is 250k msp430 LaunchPads.

Energia has been downloaded 25.000 times in total with 12.000 downloads of the latest release in the past 2 months alone (release data was 12/06/2012)

So, there is a lot more people with LP's that probably are not aware of Energia. Anything you can do to help spread the word would be appreciated!

FYI, this should be back in the suggestions

Which should be in Suggestions? The original post, or your question?  Neither is really a suggestion, though your question, with more detail, would be okay there.

As far as I know this is 250k msp430 LaunchPads.

Energia has been downloaded 25.000 times in total with 12.000 downloads of the latest release in the past 2 months alone (release data was 12/06/2012)

So, there is a lot more people with LP's that probably are not aware of Energia. Anything you can do to help spread the word would be appreciated!

Possibly, or not everyone chooses to use it since there are 4 IDE's? And I'm sure that 250k doesn't include the multiple LP owners :-P (I'm about 12 of them just on MSP430, btw)