43oh

light alarm clock project using msp430

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After many hours of working on displays,buttons, menu systems and so on, here is my result work. (The clock somehow lags significantly up to 5 minutes in about 6 hours) But i haven't try the new RTC

@roadrunner84 tone() and notone() are standard Arduino functions. They are part of Energia. They can be seen in the Energia's library folder

That's a huge slab of code!   I have some questions (although I cannot read your comments) (((sayi%1000)%100)%10)%1) a number divisibe by 10 is also divisible by 100 or 1000 (as 100/10 is a round

Posted Images

Hey,

This is a neat project! Thanks for sharing it with us. That is quite a lot of code. Are you using an MSP430G2553? I was afraid it wouldn't have enough flash to hold a program I want to write but it looks like you were able to fit a pretty big program in there. Do you know by chance how much space your program takes up on the chip?

Hey,

This is a neat project! Thanks for sharing it with us. That is quite a lot of code. Are you using an MSP430G2553? I was afraid it wouldn't have enough flash to hold a program I want to write but it looks like you were able to fit a pretty big program in there. Do you know by chance how much space your program takes up on the chip?

Hi Druzyek. Yes i am using MSP430G2553(16KB) and it still has around 6 KB space on cheap (so the above code is around 10 KB).. So i guess i will add one more feature on the main loop that will let me turn the led on and off (without entering the menu), and dimming the led up and down using the up/down buttons on this mode. i want to enter this mode by pressing the set button, say, over 1 seconds. but before that, i want to fix the buzzer sound problem tonight.

If you have your programmer attached (the USB cable) have either batteries attached or the jumper named VCC attached, not both! If you do, you're directly connecting the USB power controller to the batteries, one of both will die, for sure.

The MSP should draw about 0.3mA/MHz, so that's about 4.5mA at 16MHz. in 48 hours it should have drawn no more than 220mAh, I bet you batteries should last about ten times that timespan. That is, without any low power optimizations.

If you have your programmer attached (the USB cable) have either batteries attached or the jumper named VCC attached, not both! If you do, you're directly connecting the USB power controller to the batteries, one of both will die, for sure.

The MSP should draw about 0.3mA/MHz, so that's about 4.5mA at 16MHz. in 48 hours it should have drawn no more than 220mAh, I bet you batteries should last about ten times that timespan. That is, without any low power optimizations.

USB was not connected and i know batteries were new.. I have used 2x , AA ordinary batteries(1.5V) maybe it is not right to use these? i have also tried with one 3V coin battery but that didn't lit my display.. :/

coincells cannot deliver a lot of current at once. I still edvice disconnecting the VCC jumper when powering externally. I'm not sure what the power circuit of the programmer does when it gets power from the other side.

well i have tried it. when i disconnect vcc jumper it doesn't work with batteries at all.. when i plug in back it does.

Pull the RST jumper too.  There are hold up resistors on the RST line on both sides of the header.  So with VCC pulled, the RST line is still holding the emulation side's VCC rail high.

yeah, now it works.. i will test the battery like this.. In order to re-program launchpad, i will reconnect those RST and VCC jumpers again and disconnect the batteries and then plug in the USB.. this is the correct way i guess?