43oh

[Energia Library] Nordic nRF24L01+ library

Brand new to using the msp430...Spirilis, when I try to run the TX example code, I get an error reading "fatal error: avr/pgmspace.h: No such file or directory". It seems the SPI library is attempting to call this file but isn't finding anything. In fact, any time I try to use SPI.h, even outside of this example, nothing runs...Do you know a way around this?

Thanks!

That's definitely not my library doing it. This is with Energia right?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II with Tapatalk 4

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi folks... So I'm a little new to Energia, but since I wrote a library for the nRF24L01+ digital transceivers for native C-based apps I figured it'd be a great idea to port this to Energia.   I'm r

Ok, so I ported the Enrf library over so that it works with both MSP430 and Stellaris.  Seems to work great.  I am watching the tx rx demo between msp430g2553 (on the RX side), and the StellarPad doin

Okie doke - https://github.com/spirilis/Enrf24   The examples are the same as the ones I posted... I'll write up the API in a wiki page soon.  Alternately, I put documentation in the Enrf24.h file f

Posted Images

Yes, this is with Energia, and I have the board set to MSP430G2231 (my chip) under Tools-->Board-->MSP430G2231

It doesn't seem like your library, but SPI.h.  I was just wondering if this is an issue any of you guys have dealt with before while trying to use the nRF.

Have you installed some sort of alternate SPI library?  There are no instances within Energia's codebase of "avr/pgmspace.h" anywhere (beyond some examples that had such a line commented out).

I wasn't able to get a NRF24 working with a MSP430G2452, let alone a 2231.

Not really sure what the 2452's problem was, easiest guess is RAM of course, as I don't know how much the library consumes.

I did a quick count and it seemed like enough, and went through the library a bit looking for references to HW at the 2452 doesn't have, but never really found much.

Doesn't surprise me much that it won't fit a 2231, those things are tiny as I recall.

As a note, when the library says that the NRF24 is in low power mode it really means it.

I have one outside right now running off a AA Power Board from Jeelabs (boosts >0.9v to 3.3v), connected to a 2553. It checks temp and light and battery level then sends out a packet containing that plus a count plus an ID number every ten seconds and sleeps the rest of the time. I hacked things up a bit to allow LPM3 in energia and set a timer running to wake it back up every ten seconds.

I put it outside in a plastic bag (rainy season) with an alkaline AA I found lying around that had ~1.32v unloaded.

After about eight weeks or so (more?) it's still running and the battery has gone down by about 30mV according to the node.

Very happy with the library am I.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi peoples!...I'm new on the world of msp...I'm used to play with arduino, but now i would like to do something programming microcontroller with real C code.

My topic is to provide communication between two msp not using energia but Code Composer Studio (this because i want to learn it). But before this i would like to try some sketch with energia! In this moment i have just one launchpad with a msp430g2553, and i want to use ad arduino uno in the other side. For this last one i used two libraries: "Mirf" and "nrf24". Using an example of Spirilis library for the MSP, I'm not able to fix any type of communication: neither is able to recognize the other!!! Some peoples could help me? 

• 2 months later...

Hello together,

I want to use my nRF24L01 module attached with MSP430G2553 to both send and recieve at same time.

Basically i want to send out some information from the node periodically and also want to listen is there any command from the master node( nRF24+rPi ).

Does this library support simultaneous transmit-recieve?

Hello together,

I want to use my nRF24L01 module attached with MSP430G2553 to both send and recieve at same time.

Basically i want to send out some information from the node periodically and also want to listen is there any command from the master node( nRF24+rPi ).

Does this library support simultaneous transmit-recieve?

Yes, although I'd describe it as "quickly switches back and forth between RX and TX" but it does that. Can't RX and TX simultaneously obviously since the transceiver can't physically do both at once (and only 1 channel can be used at a time).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I need some help, i have the lastest verision of energia IDE, the patch is present by default, y have a problem with MSP430 2553 and 2452 launchpad, the RF24 shows me "NO TRANCEIVER PRESENT" msg.

Connections I have used:

SCLK                 P1.5                       

CE                    P2.0                       

CSN                   P2.1                       

IRQ                    P2.2                       

MISO                 P1.6                       

MOSI                 P1.7   

I test the tranceiver in my stellaris launchpad and have no problem,...

Hi,

I check all pins an connections, 

My test on MSP430 are with  nrf24TX_demo example icluded

Enrf24 radio(P2_0, P2_1, P2_2);  // P2.0=CE, P2.1=CSN, P2.2=IRQ 

My problem is....  :wacko:

I have MSP430G2553 and MSP430G2452, if I select tools>boards> msp430g2553 and i have the 2553 installed, the serial monitor doesn

Ohh, ok so you need to select the right board for your chip, the G2452 and G2553 have their SPI MOSI/MISO pins backwards between one another just so you know.

Make sure your UART jumpers are arranged for "HW UART" when using the G2553. It will need to be the other way, "SW UART" when using the G2452.