calinp

[Energia Library] Petit FatFS SD Card Library

If the SD-card reader features card detection, here's the code for a basic implementation:

#define CARD_DETECT PA_2

void setup()
{
  pinMode(RED_LED, OUTPUT);  
  pinMode(GREEN_LED, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(CARD_DETECT, INPUT_PULLUP);
}

void loop()
{
  if (digitalRead(CARD_DETECT)) {
    digitalWrite(RED_LED, HIGH);
    digitalWrite(GREEN_LED, LOW);
  } else {
    digitalWrite(RED_LED, LOW);
    digitalWrite(GREEN_LED, HIGH);
  }
  delay(500);  
}

The green LED lights on when a card is inserted, otherwise the red LED is on.

Hi, i just wanted to report that the library won't compile with Energia release 0101E0011 and the F5529 Launchpad because "DIR" is already defined in \energia-0101E0011\hardware\tools\msp430\msp430\include\msp430f5529.h line 3900: 

/* USBCTL Control Bits */
#define DIR            (0x0001)  /* USB - Data Response Bit */

renaming all "DIR" references in the Petit-FATFS library and examples to "_DIR" works as a workaround.

regards, Nick

@@calinp

Was just wondering if there is a list of return codes and their meaning for this library.

eg. Fail with rc=6

I've looked and it just seems to elude me completely.

Cheers

PTB

@@calinp

Was just wondering if there is a list of return codes and their meaning for this library.

eg. Fail with rc=6

I've looked and it just seems to elude me completely.

Cheers

PTB

@@PTB

In src/ff.h

typedef enum {
    FR_OK = 0,                /* (0) Succeeded */
    FR_DISK_ERR,            /* (1) A hard error occurred in the low level disk I/O layer */
    FR_INT_ERR,                /* (2) Assertion failed */
    FR_NOT_READY,            /* (3) The physical drive cannot work */
    FR_NO_FILE,                /* (4) Could not find the file */
    FR_NO_PATH,                /* (5) Could not find the path */
    FR_INVALID_NAME,        /* (6) The path name format is invalid */
    FR_DENIED,                /* (7) Access denied due to prohibited access or directory full */
    FR_EXIST,                /* (8) Access denied due to prohibited access */
    FR_INVALID_OBJECT,        /* (9) The file/directory object is invalid */
    FR_WRITE_PROTECTED,        /* (10) The physical drive is write protected */
    FR_INVALID_DRIVE,        /* (11) The logical drive number is invalid */
    FR_NOT_ENABLED,            /* (12) The volume has no work area */
    FR_NO_FILESYSTEM,        /* (13) There is no valid FAT volume */
    FR_MKFS_ABORTED,        /* (14) The f_mkfs() aborted due to any parameter error */
    FR_TIMEOUT,                /* (15) Could not get a grant to access the volume within defined period */
    FR_LOCKED,                /* (16) The operation is rejected according to the file sharing policy */
    FR_NOT_ENOUGH_CORE,        /* (17) LFN working buffer could not be allocated */
    FR_TOO_MANY_OPEN_FILES,    /* (18) Number of open files > _FS_SHARE */
    FR_INVALID_PARAMETER    /* (19) Given parameter is invalid */
} FRESULT;

For who keep having the rc=6 problem with a sdcard holder pcb (bought from ebay), try to change mosi and miso position. I guess that the indications on the SD card holder are indications for the launchpad connections, So you have to put input with input (miso with miso) and not input with output.

For who keep having the rc=6 problem with a sdcard holder pcb (bought from ebay), try to change mosi and miso position. I guess that the indications on the SD card holder are indications for the launchpad connections, So you have to put input with input (miso with miso) and not input with output.

Contrary to UART, SPI does not have such an ambiguity.

In UART there is a Tx and an Rx pin, which mean one pin is receiving and one pin is transmitting. To have two devices chatting to eachothter, one should have the transmitting pin from party A connected to the receiving pin of party B and vice versa.

In SPI on the other hand, the pins are explicitly described by their role. The Master In, Slave Out (MISO) pin is the receiving pin on the master, but the transmitting pin on the slave. In the same fashion the Master Out, Slave In (MOSI) is the transmitting pin on the master but the receiving pin on the slave. The only thing to figure out now is which party is the slave and which the master. This is (in my view) obvious; the controller is the master, the card is the slave.

Has anyone tried to implement a create file function in the Petit FatFs?

I tried to use the FatFs in the g2553, but there is not enough memory.  

@@aimepinto You cannot create a file in Petite FatFs. You have to create it externally on a PC and write to the file on the chip.

FatFs is too large for the 2553. You may try running it on the higher end Launchpads.

G'day,

Getting errors when I compile with E13 for a 5529 device, Did the _DIR change in the include files etc.

Is there anything extra to change when using this setup.

When device is 2553 all ok.

Grant

Hello, everyone!

So I've connected SD card to launchpad (g2553). When I'm trying to execute PFatFsFileTest I'll get something like: 

Press button to start...

Failed with rc=6

The only file on sdcard is "SD card test.txt", but I can't open it (probably because of spaces in the filename? or mb I did something wrong. idk). And... I've soldered sdcard, so I can't write any new file in there T_T Is it possible to do smth to make things work or I need to unsolder it first?

Thanks a lot in advance.