43oh

50% off from Ti e-store............

Ti sent me an email for 50% off a cc2591 evaluation module. The Promo code is LRG5-SA02RK. I thought I would throw that out there if anyone is interested. Its only $50us instead of $100. The cc2591 is a 2.4Ghz range extender that compliments their other CC wireless offerings.

They said this offer was for today ( 01/27/2010) but, at the bottom it implies longer.

Talking about RF( and cheap/free RF) this came with TI's RF newsletter, perhaps you have already seen it, anyway;

"Radiocrafts offers free RF module plug-in boards to the TI Smart Metering Board

RC2400HP As a partnering company with Texas Instruments, Radiocrafts offers free RF module plug-in boards to the TI Smart Metering Board, providing users with a quick and easy access to wireless metering. The plug-in board can be delivered with Radiocrafts

I couldn't find any information about the Smart Metering Board (sorry for that zeke!), and for the module these are the links that TI sent in the mail;

http://radiocrafts.com/index.php?sideID=429&ledd1=330 ---> RC1180-MBUS (Wireless M-Bus)

http://radiocrafts.com/index.php?sideID=243&ledd1=33 ----> RC2400HP (ZigBee)

The lack of information is a real shame but like we say here: A caballo regalado....

I apologize for hijacking the thread.

I couldn't find any information about the Smart Metering Board (sorry for that zeke!), and for the module these are the links that TI sent in the mail;

http://radiocrafts.com/index.php?sideID=429&ledd1=330 ---> RC1180-MBUS (Wireless M-Bus)

http://radiocrafts.com/index.php?sideID=243&ledd1=33 ----> RC2400HP (ZigBee)

Can you recall if the Smart Metering Board is one of these two devices?

1. EVM430-FE4272

2. EVM430-F47197

I found them on this page.

The lack of information is a real shame but like we say here: A caballo regalado....

I'll show my ignorance of spanish here by guessing the meaning for fun:

"Cheap horse?"

Can you recall if the Smart Metering Board is one of these two devices?

1. EVM430-FE4272

2. EVM430-F47197

I found them on this page.

I found these boards and thought that maybe is one those but I really can't tell. I made a search in TI's e-Shop and there is nothing similar to a Smart metering board. Kind of a mistery....

I'll show my ignorance of spanish here by guessing the meaning for fun:

"Cheap horse?"

Is something like Gift horse actually. The complete phrase is; A caballo regalado no se le miran los dientes. I found a very similar phrase in English; Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Is something like Gift horse actually. The complete phrase is; A caballo regalado no se le miran los dientes. I found a very similar phrase in English; Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Yup, that's the accurate translation. The meaning (in both languages) is that, if something is given to you, don't be too particular about what you are receiving. :D

You have been deputized by Bluehash to play Exterminator. I imagine that you relish the opportunity to squish those nasties!

My apologies for making you stomp your boots more. I will be more careful in the future.

No worries. And, it's not as fun as it sounds, more like tedious. I have the routine nearly down to muscle memory now. ;)