43oh

IR library

I wanted to implement TV remote functionality in some of my projects (both transmit and receive, as a simple communications protocol). Mounting and interfacing a TSOP348xx is simple enough -- but I couldn't find a library for managing TV remote signals.

This is not something I want to write myself, as there are a number of protocols that need to be implemented and debugged. I was surprised that there is no code from TI that does this. Is there something I'm missing?

The best I could find is a commit made to the Energia project about 6 months ago -- but that is a large piece of code, it doesn't look like it's low power (interrupt-driven) and I'm not yet sure if it has dependencies on other parts of Energia codebase.

Any hints/pointers?

Iwas thinking of using that ir capture/send work you did to control my air conditioner, so I could turn it on from my Android phone while away from home - or hook it into Google Latitude and the internal so it detects a hot humid day and me coming home so automatically turns it on.

Too many projects before that happens, and too much to learn :-)