Sign in to follow this  
kukov

Eclipse + Mspgcc Windows tutorial request

Same if you "Bing" it, without the back-tracking, link tracking and forwarding crap Google does.

Isn't the time ripe for some non-evil search engines...

"Don't be evil" Ha.

Thing is guys, the OP asked for a Windows how to. Not everyone would be familiar with Linux, and sometimes Linux "jargon" does not translate to Windows,

kukov, try this -> http://springuin.nl/articles/launchpadwindows

This is the most extensive how-to I have personally found so far. A couple of caveats however. The debugger he personally used is not accurate according to what I have read.  The more updated MSPDebig ( I think that's it ) that he suggests can be a major pain to get working correctly. Based on the documentation provided for various requirements. usblib32 is used etc, and is not exactly explained very well. Granted, for me personally, I was trying to set this all up within a virtual machine, since I do not like polluting my dev systems with JRE.

In the end what I used was CCS 5. Since CCS can be used for free on the MSP430 launchpads on up to 16KB code space. Then is board locked only with the LM4F120 launchpad boards. 

Still, yours truely would be more than happy to find / use an IDE that is not based on eclipse, or that requires JRE to run. Well actually there is one. Visual studio + plugin called VisualGDB i think. *looks for link* http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/msp430/

Do keep in mind that I have not personally tried VisualGDB yet, but it is one of the things on my personal todo list :smile:

Anyway, hope that helps.