43oh

An Evalbot Forum

Since many of you members have purchased an eValbot, would you like a forum for it. It wont be a separate one, but It can be placed in the "Community Projects" section.

We admit that its not the same chip family, but it seems to be a fun platform to make it do stuff or maybe even use it as a platform to test interfaces to the MSP430.

Looking forward to your views.

Personally (I don't have an Evalbot), I think you should keep the focus of the site/forums.

Evalbot discussion can continue where it has been, "Other Microcontrollers." Any projects that have interaction with the MSP430 would be appropriate to place in the "Projects" forum.

Just my $0.02

Personally (I don't have an Evalbot), I think you should keep the focus of the site/forums.

Evalbot discussion can continue where it has been, "Other Microcontrollers." Any projects that have interaction with the MSP430 would be appropriate to place in the "Projects" forum.

Just my $0.02

Agreed! That is what the other micro controller section is for. If you want to give it it's own home (i don't know if this is possible) then I would put it in a sub category in the other microcontoller i suppose.

• 2 weeks later...
I adore examining and I conceive this website got some really utilitarian stuff on it! .

Naked Girls

Are you serious?

There's NOTHING on that site that will help me bend the MSP430 to do my evil bidding!

Stop distracting me with your temptations of sowing wild oats.

Moderators: Please delete the user zemyssen. He's probably harvesting our user list for the email addresses so he can spam us later.

put it in a sub category in the other microcontoller i suppose.

This is my vote. I think that the main site should be MSP430 based, as Doc and JMLB have suggested, but I do think that smaller sub-boards for other platforms that we use (STM, mbed, *duino, PIC, Stellaris... actually the Evalbot (Stellaris) and the mbed one could be the same--Cortex M3) couldn't hurt. I think that they'd be great assets to this forum, just don't advertise them. Keep all the separate MSP430 boards and just add a single board for each of the others for general stuff. Then have the other microcontrollers board be for ones that you don't have a separate board for.

And that's my $0.02 :P

Finding a good forum on microcontrollers is like finding a good pub "where everyone knows your name".

It might be cool to see if the other patrons have similar interests to you.

For example, I have an interest in the Stellaris ARM processors and I plan on porting my one-wire temp sensor stuff to the LM3S811 dev kit in the near future. I think it would be cool to see if any of you out there share similar interests.

So, I don't care what name is on the door - just as long as I can talk about it there.