sirri

Few General Questions About Launchpad

Hello,

I have few questions about launchpad in general;

1-The internal thermometer is a seperate chip on launchpad or a feature in 2553 chip?

2-Does internal clock works stand alone (apart from launchpad) ?

3-Can we supply msp430xx chip standalone with a 3V battery cell? (I can't find LM1086 3.3V voltage regulator in my city)

4- What is the priority order while coding (energia) among libraries, functions, main code ?

Thanks in advance,

Sirri

1-The internal thermometer is a seperate chip on launchpad or a feature in 2553 chip?

It is a feature that is part of the ADC, and also SDA on the msp430

2-Does internal clock works stand alone (apart from launchpad) ?

What do you mean by stand alone and do you mean the DCO? if you do mean the DCO, yes it is stand alone and run with bare minimum code and in theory you can use the msp430 as a clock generator, as I did to run a 300 baude modem and ref clock

3-Can we supply msp430xx chip standalone with a 3V battery cell? (I can't find LM1086 3.3V voltage regulator in my city)

Yes you can power it by a 3v coin cell, I have also ran it on 2 AA/AAA batteries, or add a third to get 3.6v

4- What is the priority order while coding (energia) among libraries, functions, main code ?

I have no clue, I dont use energia

Yes you can power it by a 3v coin cell, I have also ran it on 2 AA/AAA batteries, or add a third to get 3.6v

Well.. 3 x 1.2 V (AAA battery ) = 3.6 V  i guess that is safe for msp430.. Good idea. Thanks.

I like using jule thief to drain the batteries to get that last bit of energy out of them

i failed using joule thief : / i have tried powering single led with a single AA (1.5 V) battery..

powering the whole launchpad would be possible, but lots of loss due to the debuging HW.......

i failed using joule thief : / i have tried powering single led with a single AA (1.5 V) battery..

It can be tricky to get it to work correctly, I had to re-wind my torriod a few times before it was right