43oh

Launchpad Rev 1.4 RXD TXD jumpers ?

You can do it with 2 female to female jumper wires. I soldered wires across 2 lots of 2 female headers making a 2x2 block with wires soldered across. This is neat and unobtrusive.

The only non solder job I can think of though is 2 crossed f2f jumper wires.

Have a great Christmas.

Dan

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

You can do it with 2 female to female jumper wires. I soldered wires across 2 lots of 2 female headers making a 2x2 block with wires soldered across. This is neat and unobtrusive. The only non solder job I can think of though is 2 crossed f2f jumper wires. Have a great Christmas. Dan Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you very much DanandDusty. I don't have those female-to-female wires but i am planning to buy some female-to-female and male-to-male packs..

Merry Christmas ; )

Take four jumpers that have open tops instead of closed ones. Place them so that each is on a single pin. Then use some spare cable and stick it into the free side of each one, crossing them over. Like little headers. 

post-44-0-23116600-1356376990_thumb.jpg

Or if you soldered on the female headers on your r1.4, then you only need the 2 jumpers. I used 24awg wire, 23awg would fit better.

Take four jumpers that have open tops instead of closed ones. Place them so that each is on a single pin. Then use some spare cable and stick it into the free side of each one, crossing them over. Like little headers. 

attachicon.gifPhoto on 2012-12-24 at 14.17.jpg

Or if you soldered on the female headers on your r1.4, then you only need the 2 jumpers. I used 24awg wire, 23awg would fit better.

thank you. but your launchpad is already a rev 1.5 right? 

thank you. but your launchpad is already a rev 1.5 right? 

Three of four at r1.5. The r1.4 is currently being used, so I couldn't do it with that (I got female headers on that one anyway.) But yea, the concept works for both boards, and really, for anything where you need to turn a male header into a female one. I use it for the p1.6 led jumper, since the usi i2c uses p1.6, I have to disconnect the jumper for it to work, yet I use some this trick to have another pin toggle that led.

• 1 month later...