43oh

No ICDI device

I'm using the latest release of Energia on Windows Server 2012 (basically windows 8) 64-bit, and my msp430 launchpads work. However when I try to use it with my stellaris I get "No ICDI device with USB VID:PID 1cbe:00fd found!". The board works perfectly fine when I use it with CCS, so I'm really not sure what's wrong...

Nope, I only have USB2 ports. The drivers should be up to date, I just installed them a couple weeks ago...

utzig over at lm4tools is working on an issue that I think might be related. The github issue is here:

https://github.com/utzig/lm4tools/issues/15

You might want to try http://www.ti.com/tool/lmflashprogrammer and report to them if that works in your case. If it does then it looks like this might be the same issue.

Robert

• 1 month later...

I'm using the latest release of Energia on Windows Server 2012 (basically windows 8) 64-bit, and my msp430 launchpads work. However when I try to use it with my stellaris I get "No ICDI device with USB VID:PID 1cbe:00fd found!". The board works perfectly fine when I use it with CCS, so I'm really not sure what's wrong...

Same thing happening to me. I had to turn on verbose compiling and just copy/paste the .bin file (after compiling with the verify button) into the lmflash program to upload. It's an extra step but not too big of a deal. I'm running Windows 8 x64 with driver signature enforcement disabled.