rebeltaz

CCS - files needed for release?

I wrote a program in CCS and I am trying to write an article for a magazine. I want to offer the compiled code so that others can program their own chips.  Is the .out file the only file in the Release directory that I need to offer or would I need to include all of the files in that directory? I am going to offer the source code as well, but I thought offering the compiled version might make it easier for newbies (like me :) )

Thanks.

With all due respect....

If you are writing a tutorial for people who are otherwise unfamiliar with the chip, the (in my mind) logical solution is to give them the source code and let them compile and download it to their chip. I might even go so far as to suggest introducing little errors in the source that will cause people who are doing the "cut and paste" thing to have problems, which you could mention and address in the accompanying narrative.

Just my 5 cents worth (used to be 2 cents but with inflation... ;-))

LOL.. that's a cute trick! You must be a teacher. :) I do plan on supplying the source code as well. Unfortunately, the article is more of a general how-to with little focus on the dynamics of the code itself. There isn't enough room for a complete in depth look at the code unfortunately. Thanks though, guys.