43oh

TI Webinar very supportive of Energia

Just listened to a Texas Instruments Webinar on the LaunchPad product line.  They were very complementary towards Energia, touted the release of Energia for the Stellaris/ARM LaunchPad and even demo'ed Energia with the new "Educational" Booster Pack. 

Basically, they seemed to position Energia as an easy entry point for the LaunchPad environment, and although they often made reference to CCS as their "professional" IDE, between the demo and the questions, much of the software focus seemed on Energia.

They also spoke highly of 43oh in general.

All in all, I'd say this is a very positive development and I was rather amazed that TI was so positive about third party software and the 'Net community in general.

Just listened to a Texas Instruments Webinar on the LaunchPad product line.  They were very complementary towards Energia, touted the release of Energia for the Stellaris/ARM LaunchPad and even demo'ed Energia with the new "Educational" Booster Pack. 

Basically, they seemed to position Energia as an easy entry point for the LaunchPad environment, and although they often made reference to CCS as their "professional" IDE, between the demo and the questions, much of the software focus seemed on Energia.

They also spoke highly of 43oh in general.

All in all, I'd say this is a very positive development and I was rather amazed that TI was so positive about third party software and the 'Net community in general.

Darn.. I missed the seminar... during my work time. Thanks for the update.

Anyway.. Yes.. the TI MSP430 and University teams are really dedicated and try to get dev kits to as many hands as possible. I think they focused more on Energia as almost anyone new with microcontrollers will be able to work on it without being blown away by the complexity of a real IDE/compiler - CCS/MSPGCC/IAR. This also helps in the Atmel->MSP430 migration.

About the TI team... I have nothing but good words to say about them. When we started the 43oh POTM two years ago, they donated alot of kits and still do... also invited me to SF Maker Faire to show the boards that the 43oh community had made. They keep constant tabs here. There are two members from TI here.