Sign in to follow this  
SugarAddict

MSP430F2274 TSSOP 38 Breakout board?

Nice soldering job :)

Yeah, looks great. Any problem with the pins on the breakout boards? Since they don't extend above the board, they don't look very strong (structurally).

lol, soldered the 2nd one today, as well as the qfn... Can't tell if I got the qfn or not and can't test it either (that'll be a project for later when I know wtf I'm doing with a usb chip... TUSB1105). The 2nd one looks better, but I can/can't barely tell there's solder there, so I think I did a much better job with it. So far they're working OK, though I haven't used all the pins yet. I'm feeling good for it being the 8th? thing I've soldered in many years.

The boards actually feel quite sturdy and I tried to bend one of the pins and it's quite strong. It's nice that the board is a little soft as it has some give to it when prying it off the breadboard. Very pleased! Now to do some scheming and coding for my new toys :)

Ya, that touch pad looks awesome.

I tend to make stand up boards now for all my uC breakouts. I also use a 4pin Spy-By-Wire connection for all my programming/debugging. I just realized, I don't actually have a picture of the working side.

post-1302-135135496601_thumb.jpg