Sign in to follow this  
Dr Jefyll

need to update IAR EW for '430G2211

Hello, 430 fans! This is my first post to 43oh.com... I just introduced myself here.

I will be grateful if someone can help me with a little problem. Years ago I purchased a TI MSP-FET430X110 kit, which I used successfully to develop an 'F1121 project and later one using 'F1232. But my latest project involves a 'G2211, and my version of IAR Embedded Workbench won't communicate with the 'G2211 device.

I'm tapping off the little FET board to get the 4 JTAG signals (plus /RST & TEST) to my project, the same approach I used successfully before. Although it's possible I have a hookup problem, mainly what's stopping communication (I think) is that my IAR is too old and lacks Device Description Files for the new chip I'm using (the 'G2211). The IAR has "User Interface ver 2.31C" and "target descriptor for MSP430 ver 1.25/WIN."

Are there any other new files I need besides the DDFs? Can anyone supply them to me, or direct me to a download?

Thanks,

Jeff

If you installed an earlier version, which is full and legitimate, then install the new IAR Kickstart (don't overwrite the old version!), and IAR Kickstart automatically disables the 4kB code limit.

... and G-series are small, cheap chips. Don't have more then 2kB FLASH. You don't need break the code-limit now.

If you installed an earlier version, which is full and legitimate, then install the new IAR Kickstart (don't overwrite the old version!), and IAR Kickstart automatically disables the 4kB code limit.

... and G-series are small, cheap chips. Don't have more then 2kB FLASH. You don't need break the code-limit now.

Well, you'd be right... A month or two ago :P

8kb now. Just got the 2 ttsop 20pin msp430g2452 that I sampled. The 20pin PDIP is still backordered :(