43oh

Post a pic of your home work bench, get a ..

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awesome! You get it then.. I have your address from your Store order.. will mail it Monday.   Another one interested in RC! I just repaired the motor shaft on my quad today:

Yeah, I figured such an awesome gift deserved a frame. ;-)

Some of you have workstation areas that I am absolutely jealous over lol. 6 screens ? Unfortunately, we're solar powered here, and running a desktop with even one screen is a no go. I run two laptops,

Posted Images

Funny thing is most of it has paid for itself one way or another.

The welding machine has much, much more than paid for itself, and did so very quickly. The lathe took a while, but if you count payment-in-beer and payment-in-kind it is long paid for in beer I didn't need to buy. Some tools pay in savings, such as repair and replacement of the floors in my house. Factor of ten cheaper to do myself than hire out. Even the drafting and layout space has long since paid itself off (not that it cost much to begin with....)

Only tool in the bunch I bought a- new and b- with no plan for quick payoff is the new scope.

Daaannnggg, if I were to purchase another piece of electronics anytime soon it would probably be something like that. I assume your trying to tune some antennas? Any plans for it beyond S11 measurements?

VNAs are really only good for two things: S11 and S21 (well, and S12, but that seems pedantic).  Mostly I use S11 on antennas, but I also use S21 for analog circuit analysis.

Another use I've found is as a carrier signal source.  When testing antennas, I can go to the spectrum of interest and turn the sweep down really slow, and then capture the transferred energy using a spectrum analyzer on the other side of the room (connected to reference antenna).

Always remember to choke the probes!   :biggrin:

VNAs are really only good for two things: S11 and S21 (well, and S12, but that seems pedantic).  Mostly I use S11 on antennas, but I also use S21 for analog circuit analysis.

Another use I've found is as a carrier signal source.  When testing antennas, I can go to the spectrum of interest and turn the sweep down really slow, and then capture the transferred energy using a spectrum analyzer on the other side of the room (connected to reference antenna).

Always remember to choke the probes!   :biggrin:

Yea, i've used a VNA with a SA to test antennas in a method of relative strength. That is what I do to measure the strength of my tunes and the gains of various antennas. Hopefully i'm going about that the right way. Works well as long as you have a consistent test setup. So how much did that VNA set you back? I can't find any type of decent VNA for under 5k. I'd hate to have to choose between a car and a VNA. 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...