43oh

Post a pic of your home work bench, get a ..

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awesome! You get it then.. I have your address from your Store order.. will mail it Monday.   Another one interested in RC! I just repaired the motor shaft on my quad today:

Yeah, I figured such an awesome gift deserved a frame. ;-)

Some of you have workstation areas that I am absolutely jealous over lol. 6 screens ? Unfortunately, we're solar powered here, and running a desktop with even one screen is a no go. I run two laptops,

Posted Images

Yes - the blue and white thing is the laser. A 40W CO2 laser can cut through things like acrylic, fabric, leather and wood. Ideal for making enclosures and just general stuff like that. It can also engrave most things (except metal). It's not really any good for PCBs - but the CNC mill on the right can accurately mill the copper off a board and then drill and cut it out.

I went for a board from chriscircuits.com. I thought about making my own as it's basically some opto isolators and a couple of Pololu A4988s but the quality and price were good and he's gone to all the trouble of sourcing the correct awkward connectors to make it a drop-in replacement for the shockingly bad Moshiboard. I'm very happy with it so far.

OK - I finally got round to creating my new workspace. It's still teeny compared to yyrkoon's, but it's an improvement for me. Strong enough to stand on. As much storage as I could manage, and an e-stop that kills all mains power if something's going badly wrong. 

Heh, actually my own work area is about the same size as yours(maybe a bit bigger, since its in my bedroom, if you count the whole room ). The areas I showed in those pictures are wulfman's electronics work/storage areas. I have access to them if I need to do something. But I am more of a software person, and tend to stay chained to my development machines a lot.

Nice! How much?

Vector network analyzers don't come cheap!  I'm evaluating this unit right now, which is used.  I can get a new model, albeit a lower grade one, for about $15K.  This one would be a bit more -- used!  I'm deciding if it's worth it.  The new model additionally has network connectivity, which beats the hell out of the floppy & GPIB interface of the stalwart 8753ES.

The Tek DPO2002B runs for about $1200.

• 2 months later...

I am so jealous. I use my bedroom floor and store my parts under my bed.

At least you're organized, my parts are everywhere; on the floor, on & under my desk, my bookshelf, my typing table (typewriter is underneath the desk), in boxes under my bunkbed with the lower bed removed.... Of course most of the parts still have to be removed from the circuit boards scavenged from old computers and other appliances.

Which is why I didn't post a pic when this thread was started...

At least you're organized, my parts are everywhere; on the floor, on & under my desk, my bookshelf, my typing table (typewriter is underneath the desk), in boxes under my bunkbed with the lower bed removed.... Of course most of the parts still have to be removed from the circuit boards scavenged from old computers and other appliances.

Which is why I didn't post a pic when this thread was started...

I started with everything on the floor :)

• 7 months later...