43oh

Post a pic of your home work bench, get a ..

MsPRobot kit.

Longhorn Engineer gave me this kit at the SF Maker Faire(2012).

Looks like I have all the parts - One bare PCB and the laser printed wood supports. His page linked above has related BOM and schematic files.

Thanks to LHE!

The first to post a bench picture, wins. It has to be yours.

mspProbot.jpg

msprobotpopulated.jpg

I just cleaned up my bench.. again.

bluehash_workbench.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awesome! You get it then.. I have your address from your Store order.. will mail it Monday.   Another one interested in RC! I just repaired the motor shaft on my quad today:

Yeah, I figured such an awesome gift deserved a frame. ;-)

Some of you have workstation areas that I am absolutely jealous over lol. 6 screens ? Unfortunately, we're solar powered here, and running a desktop with even one screen is a no go. I run two laptops,

Posted Images

This is my tiny basement workshop (read old used kitchenet :D ):

post-23383-0-41405300-1353181919_thumb.jpg

Full Resolution

FYI: I'm into RC flying, therefore the wing and lipos plus charger on the bench.

I'm getting everything tidy and clean for storage during wintertime.

I would like to play with the kit, looks really neat.

Big thanks to GeekDoc and simpleavr, very kind move to pass this kit to the next poster :)

I saw this post and was like "Whaat, nobody replied? o.O" Converting the 18MP photo to 3000x1000px took the most time...

Is the PCB populated, or do I have to practice SMD soldering? ;)

So much storage! Kinda jealous of the real cabinets!

Well, storage in the room is shared with the whole family, took me some sweat and blood to conquer the bench :D

that looks like a kitchen... cooking electronics.

It actually is a old kitchen cabinet, my father brought it with him from his very first own flat.

This is my tiny basement workshop (read old used kitchenet :grin: ):

IMG_8502.JPG

Full Resolution

FYI: I'm into RC flying, therefore the wing and lipos plus charger on the bench.

I'm getting everything tidy and clean for storage during wintertime.

I would like to play with the kit, looks really neat.

Big thanks to GeekDoc and simpleavr, very kind move to pass this kit to the next poster :smile:

I saw this post and was like "Whaat, nobody replied? o.O" Converting the 18MP photo to 3000x1000px took the most time...

Is the PCB populated, or do I have to practice SMD soldering? ;-)

Awesome! You get it then.. I have your address from your Store order.. will mail it Monday.

Another one interested in RC! I just repaired the motor shaft on my quad today:

WP_002627.jpg

Good one spirillis. I'll see if I can get something for you later.

Is that a mill on the bottom right?

It's a small drill press (link), that plus the laminator you see on the chair are for making toner-transfer PCBs...

I am interested in any advice about small mills though. I could probably make use of one for doing enclosures (milling plastic/etc) at some point. (The dremel + drill press + cordless drill is....... rough :) )

Awesome! You get it then.. I have your address from your Store order.. will mail it Monday.

Another one interested in RC! I just repaired the motor shaft on my quad today:

post-3-0-72335400-1353192738_thumb.jpg

Awesome, thank you very much!

I like the geometry of your quad, looks similar to the TBS Discovery.

I spend way too much money on my motorcycle license, otherwise I might have invested it in a Discovery+GoPro+Diversity FPV Setup... :?

But crashing copters of all kind is usually expensive, I have to earn more money before thinking of this stuff again :D

The wing on my photo is practically indestructible, nothing you couldn't fix with superglue or tape.

I'm jealous of y'all!

I have a Blade CP copter, which has yet to fly more than an inch off the ground because on first run it rolled over and broke both main rotor blades and un-glued the rod the tail rotor mounts to from the main body. Since then, no matter what trim the gyro, motor control or the remote are set with, it won't hold a stable heading or attitude. Getting that thing flying was one of the motivators for me getting into microcontrollers.

Awesome, thank you very much!

I like the geometry of your quad, looks similar to the TBS Discovery.

I spend way too much money on my motorcycle license, otherwise I might have invested it in a Discovery+GoPro+Diversity FPV Setup... :?

But crashing copters of all kind is usually expensive, I have to earn more money before thinking of this stuff again :grin:

The wing on my photo is practically indestructible, nothing you couldn't fix with superglue or tape.

Close.. The frame is QAV500.. I'm dead scared of flying this thing. I triple check everything.. even the screws and always the props.

I've built this up over a year. I agree, it become expensive.

I'm jealous of y'all!

I have a Blade CP copter, which has yet to fly more than an inch off the ground because on first run it rolled over and broke both main rotor blades and un-glued the rod the tail rotor mounts to from the main body. Since then, no matter what trim the gyro, motor control or the remote are set with, it won't hold a stable heading or attitude. Getting that thing flying was one of the motivators for me getting into microcontrollers.

But it's really fun to fly :)