RobG

Arrow's Black November - Complimentary Shipping on Any Online Order

I have had a similar experience with Arrow but the shipping charges were ~$80!

If Arrow was the sole supplier of the part I needed then I would probably redesign my circuit just so I could get the part from Digikey.

It seems like you have to be a big client to be treated nicely by Arrow.

OK, so this is not the end of this story.

My parts were $22 and I was expecting $8 s/h.

My invoice (which was never sent to me BTW,) says $39.97

I could probably live with the extra charge, but then I checked my statement...

07/25/2014 Pending ARROW ELECTRONICS $64.25 - 2nd order was shipped

07/24/2014 Pending ARROW ELECTRONICS $1.00 - my second order was placed

07/23/2014 Pending ARROW ELECTRONICS $1.00 - my first order which was cancelled

Now, I am seriously considering refusing my order (which sucks because I already lost a week) and reporting this as fraudulent charge.

Right now, I am going through all my Arrow orders in the past 3 years and matching invoices to actual charges.

I am also thinking of reporting this to BBB or similar and discussing this with Arrow's management. Any suggestions? 

EDIT:

As I was writing this, 2 new transactions showed up:

07/26/2014 Pending ARROW ELECTRONICS $39.97

07/26/2014 Pending ARROW ELECTRONICS -$64.25

Did you work with a person online?

Do you have their name?

Can you call them directly?

Alternatively, do you have a local Arrow sales rep?

I have one assigned to me and I know him personally. If I had this problem, I would be on the phone to him so fast. If he couldn't help me then I would be talking to his boss - the regional sales manager. I know him by name too. 

It seems that having a friend to talk to really helps when things go sour.

I haven't ever dealt with Arrow and I also haven't had the issues mentioned in this post with the other suppliers I have used.  Thanks for sharing @@RobG , I appreciate the heads up and will steer clear of Arrow.

Update: all charges disappeared except the $39.97 one. My sales rep just emailed me that I was charged correctly, $9.99 shipping, $0.99 fuels fee, and $5 handling. I replied with my side of the story, will see.

Fuels? Wouldn't that be included in "shipping"?

I mean, UPS, FedEx and USPS stop at the warehouse to pick things up, so no one is driving down to the local 'office' to ship things, right?

Yeah, I would think so, maybe it's heating fuel :)

I got another email from my sales rep: 

"This is because the pricing is better and you get order support through the advantage team here at Arrow so the price for shipping as I stated below is correct. Yes you were authorized for $64.25, there is always a temp auth before the final amount is billed out so the $39.95 is the correct price."

Without MyArrow, my parts and shipping would have been $31.84.

Yeah, I would think so, maybe it's heating fuel :)

I got another email from my sales rep: 

"This is because the pricing is better and you get order support through the advantage team here at Arrow so the price for shipping as I stated below is correct. Yes you were authorized for $64.25, there is always a temp auth before the final amount is billed out so the $39.95 is the correct price."[/size]

Without MyArrow, my parts and shipping would have been $31.84.

So by using "MyArrow" you spent an extra "$8.11"?

Licking stamps must be expensive.

*edit- my math (and grammar) suck; it's no wonder EFI is taking so long. ;)

I understand that MyArrow might make sense when my order is >$200, but the problem I have is lack of information and miscommunication.

I just can't believe they are not able to give me my final invoice at checkout.

Again, it's just $8, but I hate the way they do business.

Not surprised - especially considering the thing with that arrow rep a bit ago with bluehash - seems to be their model - they aren't built for small orders. Digikey doesn't estimate either - but they pack in appropriately sized boxes and have cheap shipping for small orders. I just ordered 100 of something from them and paid $3 in shipping.

Not surprised - especially considering the thing with that arrow rep a bit ago with bluehash - seems to be their model - they aren't built for small orders. Digikey doesn't estimate either - but they pack in appropriately sized boxes and have cheap shipping for small orders. I just ordered 100 of something from them and paid $3 in shipping.

Digikey is super awesome. Reasonable prices + shipping and a simple website. They do not give you shipping weight, but you approximately know how much. That and USPS first class.

...and same day shipping if you make the cut-off. I ordered a bunch pf parts at 7:00pm EST yesterday. it has alreade left the local USPS warehouse when I checked today.

Digikey looks sharp but in the end I always end up going with Mouser. On bigger orders I wasn't always able to find everything I needed from Digikey and Mouser's interface is a littl nicer in my opinion. Any reason you guys don't like Mouser that I might have overlooked?