43oh

Paradiso UI Boost (and win one)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is awesome. I was just looking at the LMC wiki the other night , and wondered what exactly it would be implemented with... You think you could pm or post the source?

i am attaching this lmc.c file mainly for the benefit of oPossum and whoever is interested in studying this ui boost layout. so consider it kind of a preview. before i finish the rest of the project

I see it has been a while since you have been here simpleavr. You might want to try out CCS V5.3 on linux. It won't allow you to upload to a launchpad but you can use it to compile code under CCS in l

I see it has been a while since you have been here simpleavr. You might want to try out CCS V5.3 on linux. It won't allow you to upload to a launchpad but you can use it to compile code under CCS in linux.

http://software-dl.ti.com/dsps/dsps_public_sw/sdo_ccstudio/CCSv5/CCS_5_3_0/exports/ReleaseNoteRC1.htm

just check now and mine is still V4. will sure look into this to update my code templates.

@abecedarian

attached is a rework source that compiles on my CCS V4 windows version.

main.c

. change the 0b's to 0x's

. fix interrupt vector syntax

. take out (and fix) inline assembler codes

did not try to run it but it builds. there is no example code loaded now, so u have to use the "monitor" to enter your little LMC programs.

You know though, you have to re-write this for the Stellaris.....

yeah. when i get the Stellaris. it's still not yet available at newark.ca

i did not order it when it's in pre-order. i always have trouble w/ custom clearing when i order for TI US. even when things are free, UPS / FedEx would charge me ridiculous high clearing fees (for filling out some forms for me).

anyway, the 430 launchpad alone is enough to keep me busy.

/me only giving a hard time, just a joke about the Stellaris.

On the other hand, though, I think you said it needs 18 buttons, but you only sent me 16.

I'm not worried; I have ordered more buttons. :D

And the "new" code compiles fine.

Figuring it out will come in due time.

Thank you.

On the other hand, though, I think you said it needs 18 buttons, but you only sent me 16.

I'm not worried; I have ordered more buttons. :grin:

i am almost out of these buttons. had to pull a few out of my breadboard projects. the LMC / monitor s/w only requires 16 to work.

the extra two position are just U1/U2 "user" buttons, depending on your application. now off u go and build something.  :wave:

i am almost out of these buttons. had to pull a few out of my breadboard projects. the LMC / monitor s/w only requires 16 to work.

the extra two position are just U1/U2 "user" buttons, depending on your application. now off u go and build something.  :wave:

No worries. I ordered 100 more. ;-)

But as I said before, you are too kind.

I have 16 button positions populated with the buttons you sent (thanks again), mostly centered (buttons shifted slightly left if you consider the headers to the Launchpad as "center"), with other positions labeled "ADDR", "MODE", "REG" and "+" to the right, and "U0" and "U1" to the left.

Those are the 21st and 22nd buttons.

Hex keypad + 4 function keys = 20 buttons

oops :!!!: , my bad. what was i thinking. can u guys make up the rest locally (may be pull from two old LPs temporary?). i really don't want to send just 4 buttons unless there are other stuff i can send.

@oPossum, let me know, if u can't get them handily, i will send them Monday.

sorry for the trouble,

CCS inline assembly help needed.

i am trying to make my mspgcc code built under CCS, got most of them done. and now stuck on a problem where i need to relocate function blocks into specific flash addresses

in mspgcc i do like this

void __attribute__ ((section (".text1"))) bios() {
    _bios();
}

and i tell the linker to do this

CFLAGS="-Os -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-inline-small-functions -Wl,-Map=$PRG.map,--cref -Wl,--relax -Wl,--gc-sections,\
--section-start=.text1=0x0dd00,\

now when i try compile on CCS, i got

"../main.c", line 954: error: expected a type specifier
"../main.c", line 954: error: unnamed prototyped parameters not allowed when body is present
"../main.c", line 954: error: expected a "{"

anyone done similar before in CCS?