43oh

Paradiso UI Boost (and win one)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is awesome. I was just looking at the LMC wiki the other night , and wondered what exactly it would be implemented with... You think you could pm or post the source?

i am attaching this lmc.c file mainly for the benefit of oPossum and whoever is interested in studying this ui boost layout. so consider it kind of a preview. before i finish the rest of the project

I see it has been a while since you have been here simpleavr. You might want to try out CCS V5.3 on linux. It won't allow you to upload to a launchpad but you can use it to compile code under CCS in l

the code is really confusing right now. i kept trying various things w/. it. it has;

• the LMC interpreter,
  • part of MSP430 assembler/disassembler that i just started recently,
  • a working lunar lander (not physics / math correct)
  • a digit clock + hw key tester
  • a number counter / timer tester.
  • etc.

the LMC machine is small, only took one evening. it was actually very simple. only a few instructions and one addressing mode.

the harder work was done from earlier projects, a little bios to do basic io (hex and decimal) and basic timing.

the "bios" now can take one key, take a numeric value, output char, hex / dec values, string and has a timer.

there is also a mini monitor to fetch / store 256byte segments (f000, f100, f200,...) to / from ram at 0x280 for editing. the LMC code after edit goes back to the flash so u can run them again at next power-up session.

i would probably clean-up the code so it just do LMC for now and have it on github within this week. so whoever is interested can play w/ it.

the real hard part is the msp430 assembler / disassembler i am working on. the instructions are about 30 opcodes which is reasonable to work w/. but there are many addressing modes.

there are funny addressing scheme for performance, which is tricky to implement. ex. mov #7, r4 and mov #8, r4 are very different and one is 4 bytes when the other is 2 byte instruction.

and the real obstacle for me right now is to handle the psuedo-opcodes (ex. br xxx = mov xxx,pc) mappings. i guess i did not spend time to properly understanding these details before diving in to do the framework / skeleton. i might have to abandon this and go for something simpler (may be an integer basic).

well, thanks for your comments. the LMC is very nice and fun to play w/.

i am attaching this lmc.c file mainly for the benefit of oPossum and whoever is interested in studying this ui boost layout.

so consider it kind of a preview. before i finish the rest of the project and do proper write-up.

lmc.c

this one file features

. lmc machine, w/ 2 examples.

. led multiplexing

. button handling.

i had cleanup the code. tested built under cygwin mspgcc and is less than 4k deployed.

Darn you Linux-ish users... (and the forum coders who won't let me use "Enter" whilst typing) :grin:

CCS reports errors with the code:

"#19 extra text after expected end of number" Source: main.c /Paradiso line 269 C/C++ Problem

Line 269-279=

static const digit2ports[][3] = { SEGS_PORT(LTR_0), SEGS_PORT(LTR_1),
SEGS_PORT(LTR_2), SEGS_PORT(LTR_3), SEGS_PORT(LTR_4), SEGS_PORT(LTR_5),
SEGS_PORT(LTR_6), SEGS_PORT(LTR_7), SEGS_PORT(LTR_8), SEGS_PORT(LTR_9),
SEGS_PORT(LTR_A), SEGS_PORT(LTR_, SEGS_PORT(LTR_C), SEGS_PORT(LTR_d),
SEGS_PORT(LTR_E), SEGS_PORT(LTR_F), SEGS_PORT(LTR_g), SEGS_PORT(LTR_h),
SEGS_PORT(LTR_I), SEGS_PORT(LTR_J), SEGS_PORT(LTR_k), SEGS_PORT(LTR_L),
SEGS_PORT(LTR_m), SEGS_PORT(LTR_n), SEGS_PORT(LTR_o), SEGS_PORT(LTR_P),
SEGS_PORT(LTR_q), SEGS_PORT(LTR_r), SEGS_PORT(LTR_S), SEGS_PORT(LTR_t),
SEGS_PORT(LTR_u), SEGS_PORT(LTR_v), SEGS_PORT(LTR_w), SEGS_PORT(LTR_X),
SEGS_PORT(LTR_y), SEGS_PORT(LTR_Z), SEGS_PORT(BLANK), SEGS_PORT(LTRmn)
};

I see it has been a while since you have been here simpleavr. You might want to try out CCS V5.3 on linux. It won't allow you to upload to a launchpad but you can use it to compile code under CCS in linux.

http://software-dl.ti.com/dsps/dsps_public_sw/sdo_ccstudio/CCSv5/CCS_5_3_0/exports/ReleaseNoteRC1.htm