RobG

[Group Buy-11] [C] RGB LED Strips (with WS2811)

LEDs are here, but they looks sooooo good on my Xmas tree, I think I will cancel this group buy and keep them for myself...

post-73-0-09552400-1354656324_thumb.jpeg

...just kidding. Shipping tomorrow. PCBs were shipped fron CN this morning, so they should be here in about 2 weeks.

Member Name ------| Quantity | US only 
spirilis ---------| 50pcs AND 2m --- | ---------------- SHIPPED 
GeekDoc ----------| 4m AND 2 boards| ------------------ SHIPPED
Philipp ----------| 2m | Intnl. | --------------------- SHIPPED 
Rockets4Kids -----| 25pcs AND 8m | -------------------- SHIPPED 
SugarAddict ------| 4m of 60/m | ---------------------- SHIPPED 
Mtlevine0---------| 1m of 60/m AND 50pcs AND 3 boards - SHIPPED
touch-------------| 2m of 60/m | ---------------------- SHIPPED

Got mine today!  Thanks Rob for setting this up.

Got it working with Rickta's version of oPossum's ASM code on a G2553, and finally on my F5172 after some finagling with the FLL and DCORSEL settings ... need to work more on figuring out the F5xxx UCS clock system though (some time with my logic analyzer verifying clock outputs is in order).  F5172 board is nicer b/c it has the 5V rail and they get nice and bright.

Mail came late this evening, but got my 4m strip! :thumbup:

Now I just have to decipher the code you smart guys wrote, so I can do some cool stuff myself.  I might have a go at that 1-D Pong game. :grin:

Oh wow those WS2801's look awesome, good idea for the tree... Also another crazy idea, have them strung on the eaves and change their color in direct proportion to the outside temp :grin:

Getting the F5172 to talk to them was easy with oPossum's ASM code, the trick seems to be giving the FLL + DCO time to settle properly, just waiting for the OFIFG flags to clear doesn't cut it... I added a 5ms delay before issuing my first write_ws2811_hs() call and then it was reliable.

The output at 5V is sick!  I compared a cyan (0xFF, 0x00, 0xFF) set of 4 pixels in a dark room pointed at the ceiling, LED Vcc = 3V3 vs. 5V and the difference was profound.  They just look "bright" when you look straight at them but the light intensity reflected off the ceiling was way better at 5V.

Do another one!  j/k, I missed this as well.

I'd like to go all out and get 50m of this stuff, but I want to test out a few meters first to make sure it's what I want.  It looks like I'll just try out a 5m lot from aliexpress for now.