43oh

The 43oh Store will be closing temporarily

Hello Everyone,

I have a little sad news to give, so please bear with me.

The Store will be closing temporarily for personal reasons. As much as I wish to get it back up, I feel that I need to take a step back first. This last month has had me shipping boards almost everyday and alot of transactions coming through. I did not dream of it getting this big. With a lot of transactions taking place both overseas and within the country, I feel that I should setup something formal first.

I feel this is a good time to stop and think. I have boards and inventory. If you have something in mind that you need, please PM me.. I'll try to get it out to you

Again.. I apologize. Please continue developing your Boosterpacks. For now, members will have to take the initiative and ship these out.

I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks!

I am sad that the store will need to close, but understand completely if its taking a lot of time.

I've always been curious about Amazon store fronts if they would manage the shipping.

You have been so amazing managing the store all of this time. I know it's very much appreciated!

Thanks Larissa. I'm glad to work on it. It's more on the implications of the sheer amount of transactions on my personal account regarding international orders and also taxes which I have not clearly thought through.

Be assured, this is only temporary.

Well,

this is of course bad news but your personal life goes first, for sure.

Thank you for organizing, shipping and supporting all this cool stuff that was build by the members of this community,

which you initiated and shaped to its current form ;)

The Group Buys are still going strong, so I'm not afraid of sitting in front of an empty desk or 'unfinished projects' box :D

I can relate BH. I've been buried in success as well. Paperwork is my kryptonite.

There's nothing worse than having a huge order and not having the systems in place to handle the order.

I ended up hiring a business coach to encourage, educate and kick my butt when required.

Phil Torrone posted a very useful video on this topic. He listed all the software that Adafruit uses.

Most importantly, he posted a video of the shipping process. It makes you think that the Adafruit guys have really got it together!

I can relate BH. I've been buried in success as well. Paperwork is my kryptonite.

There's nothing worse than having a huge order and not having the systems in place to handle the order.

I ended up hiring a business coach to encourage, educate and kick my butt when required.

Phil Torrone posted a very useful video on this topic. He listed all the software that Adafruit uses.

Most importantly, he posted a video of the shipping process. It makes you think that the Adafruit guys have really got it together!

Adafruit is a very good source for kitbiz info too. I've pretty much followed them for years, when Lady Ada first started, when Phil was first at Hackaday, and they have come a really long way, and they opensource pretty much everything they do. LA is very sociable, and always willing to give hints and tips, even to """competition""" so you might want to try to hit her up hash.

Taxes only apply in same state, no? International... lots of regs there, can get confusing quick.

If you need anything, give a hollar.

Adafruit is a very good source for kitbiz info too. I've pretty much followed them for years, when Lady Ada first started, when Phil was first at Hackaday, and they have come a really long way, and they opensource pretty much everything they do. LA is very sociable, and always willing to give hints and tips, even to """competition""" so you might want to try to hit her up hash.

Thanks guys.. I did look at the early videos from LA. But haven;t lately.

SA, I'll be contacting you.

I'm planning to keep the store open once a week like a Friday for now.

Sorry it's been rough Bluehash- let us know if there is anything we can do!

I guess partnering with somekne like seeed might be a bit too much. Hope you figure something out!

Thanks Cube. I'm keeping it open every Friday now. That frees up alot of time.

ITead did contact me and Seeed too, but I have to look into the logistics of this... but yes, it is a good idea.

I've had a bit of experience with this, I worked on a project where we wrote and designed a custom storefront/inventory/shipping system. I would certainly look into label printers that can print customs/postage & flat rate envelopes & boxes. You probably already know this but if you plan on doing this software and organization is the key, its also not a bad idea to speak with a accountant/lawyer about opening a LLC or a C-Corp for it, that way you can get a Paypal, bank account, etc in the business name and don't have to use your personal accounts anymore and this simplifies tax related stuff as well.

Hope you get it sorted out!

Hello Everyone,

I have a little sad news to give, so please bear with me.

The Store will be closing temporarily for personal reasons. As much as I wish to get it back up, I feel that I need to take a step back first. This last month has had me shipping boards almost everyday and alot of transactions coming through. I did not dream of it getting this big. With a lot of transactions taking place both overseas and within the country, I feel that I should setup something formal first.

I feel this is a good time to stop and think. I have boards and inventory. If you have something in mind that you need, please PM me.. I'll try to get it out to you

Again.. I apologize. Please continue developing your Boosterpacks. For now, members will have to take the initiative and ship these out.

I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks!

On one hand it's sad to know that the store is soaking so much of yout time and effort in such a way that you need to tap the brakes to avoid letting things go out of control.

On the other hand it is very nice to know that you managed to build such a significant community around 43oh and the interwebs as well. Congrats for that.

I really hope you can sort out a way to run the site and store and, also important, take due credit and compensation for all the effort you're investing on the project.

--

to