43oh

MSP430 Sewable - any interest?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are the finished scarves.  I'll upload some closer pictures tonight, including some shots of the board.   The conductive thread was definitely interesting.  What I ordered from Sparkfun does se

Ok - here are a couple more pictures.     Boards with a US nickel as a reference.     WS2811 integrated 5050 RGB LED boards (Thanks to RobG)     FYI - the eagle part that RobG provided had

Boards came today!  

Posted Images

I'm looking @ crystal options. I need to find something hand-solderable. Any suggestions? Most smd crystals don't have exposed leads.

Tssop isn't too bad - I've got some samples- they're pretty tiny. Definitely lots of room for other stuff still, although autoroute is having a hell of a time. Had to add a bunch of GND vias already.

I'm looking @ crystal options. I need to find something hand-solderable. Any suggestions? Most smd crystals don't have exposed leads.

Tssop isn't too bad - I've got some samples- they're pretty tiny. Definitely lots of room for other stuff still, although autoroute is having a hell of a time. Had to add a bunch of GND vias already.

just use a standard TH watch crystal but use pads instead of vias? can be picked up pretty cheap from tayda and look similar to the one of the stellaris launchpad

I've been looking for something like this, but in a 32.768 (can't find one) - although the micro-crystal that the LP comes with would probably be smaller - I may just go with that.

After the issues with inductors with Tayda last time - I'm going to stay away from designing boards around their parts :)

I like the atom shape - looks pretty good!

Thankfully - Seeed allows odd board shapes. The plugin boards for my VFD clock project were a pretty strange shape - didn't have any complaints after two batches.

That got me thinking - I did overlook the obvious Rocket shape as well - although it's a little pointy. I could round off any edges pretty easily though.

post-1690-0-80998600-1353090819_thumb.png

May be a dumb thought, but what about using "buttons" or "snaps" for the programming connections?

You know, like what the ESD wrist straps use to wrap around your wrist or connect to the chassis?

http://forum.43oh.com/topic/2880-msp430-sewable-any-interest/#entry24235 ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=button%20snap&tbm=isch

;-) :thumbup: :wave: