43oh

Cheap C2000 Piccolo: F2806x MCU - $11

Hi all,

Browsing through DangerousPrototypes blog today, I saw Ian posted some info about TI's floating-point Piccolo MCUs. Texas Instruments has development boards with F28069 in memory stick form factor on promotion now ($11 if using the promo code Piccolo11 at checkout).

It seems those Piccolo MCUs have far more capabilities than I'll ever use in my simplistic projects, but there are a lot of clever people in this forum who may find it useful ;)

You can see and order the dev board here:

https://estore.ti.com/TMDX28069USB-F28069-Piccolo-controlSTICK-P2257C43.aspx?DCMP=F2806x&HQS=Other+EM+f2806x_em1_es

Here is where I got this tip from:

http://dangerousprototypes.com/2011/01/13/c2000-piccolo-f2806x-mcu/

Cheers,

zn

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all,   Browsing through DangerousPrototypes blog today, I saw Ian posted some info about TI's floating-point Piccolo MCUs. Texas Instruments has development boards with F28069 in memory stick fo

No open source compiler. You can use the 38Kb limited edition CCS.

not me

Posted Images

I couldn't pass up this deal either.

I just got an email a few minutes ago telling me that it just shipped from TI.

Luckily, I've got CCS4 that can program these guys without code size limitations.

I wonder what I can do with a Piccolo?

I had a permanent magnet suspended under an electromagnet using launchpad awhile ago. The problem was, it would start to oscillate after awhile and fall. In trying to fix the problem, I broke the program and didn't have a backup. Luckily I got a vid, but by that point I didn't feel like trying to figure it out again, so I gave up.

Anyway, I think the piccolo's fancy adc's and floating-point stuff will be perfect for getting it going again.

EDIT: here's the link to the vid of it working with LP, too bad I don't have source code for you guys:

@naturetm

Thanks for the CCS4 info

I cannot wait to try the Piccolo. I have an older tms320f243 eval module that I got off ebay. I only bought it because it was $30 shipped to my house, and it did come with an xds510 jtag programmer. After the Launchpads finally shipped I totally forgot about it. The c2000 may be good to regulate an alternative energy system. I would like to make one for my roof. Ti also sells a "renewable energy kit". It uses a c2000 processor also, but I cannot afford the $350 price tag. Check it out:

http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders ... gykit.html

They do give you the software and the schematics. Maybe I'll try something, but that is way down on the list.