GeekDoc

[Group Buy-9] [C] [S] Replacement Parts for GB#7

This is a small Group Buy for those who got the awesome GB#7: IV-18 VFD Clock Booster Pack.

Through @cubeberg's hard work, we found out the inductors in those kits were not up to the job. @oPossum has some experience in this area, and found us some suitable replacements on Mouser. I've ordered a bunch of this item today: http://www.mouser.co...2-RLB0914-680KL

For $1.50, I will send one of the above inductors (probably wrapped in paper) in a regular envelope via USPS (USA only, please. PM for shipping if you really need one outside the USA). Payment may be "gifted" at any time to PayPal (ebay *at* nonegiven.com). I will start shipping as soon as the inductors arrive.

EDIT: $2.50 for two. Limit is two, since that was the limit on the original order.

The tactile switches, though perfectly usable, were also not what @cubeberg anticipated. I have a bunch of "standard" tactile switches in a parts drawer. If you need a pair, just mark a "+" next to how many inductors you need, and I will include them with your order (no charge).

EDIT #2: Shipped from Mouser. Estimated delivery (to me): 06 NOV 12. Still taking orders until quantity runs out.

EDIT #3: Arrived 06 NOV 12. Will be packing tonight for shipment tomorrow, unless you want to wait for longer buttons (see 06 NOV 12 post, below).

EDIT #4: Orders packed and ready for shipment on 07 NOV 12. I'm sending shorter buttons. If you really want longer buttons, let me know and I'll send you some when I get them from cubeberg.

EDIT #5: Just noticed board takes THREE buttons, not two. I'm going to slit the seal on the padded envelopes I'm using and slip the extras in. Look for them loose in the envelope!

EDIT #6: Stock is gone, GB is closed. Glad I could help out.

THE LIST:

(Orders are closed.)

bluehash ------ 1 ----- [PAID] --- [sHIPPED 07 NOV 12]

pbirkel --------- 2+ ---- [PAID]--- [sHIPPED 07 NOV 12]

cubeberg ------ 2 ----- [PAID]--- [sHIPPED 07 NOV 12]

Mtlevine0 ----- 2+ ---- [PAID]--- [sHIPPED 07 NOV 12]

soma4all ------ 2+ ---- [PAID]--- [sHIPPED 07 NOV 12]

LariSan -------- 2+ ---- [PAID]--- [sHIPPED 07 NOV 12]

AdrianF-------- 2+ ---- [PAID]--- [sHIPPED 07 NOV 12]

Viperspd ------ 1+ ---- [PAID] --- [sHIPPED 16 NOV 12]

DSFlores ------ 1+ ---- [PAID] --- [sHIPPED 16 NOV 12]

A.G. (not sure on user name) ------ 1+ ---- [PAID] --- [sHIPPED 16 NOV 12]

THE LIST:

bluehash 1

pbirkel 2+ (with switches please)

I don't understand the payment instructions. How is [ebay *at* nonegiven.com] a valid payment address (after substitution for the @ sign)?

I don't understand the payment instructions. How is [ebay *at* nonegiven.com] a valid payment address (after substitution for the @ sign)?

I own several domains, NoneGiven.com is one of them (a bit of a story behind that one, as well). I make up email accounts as I need them; "ebay" was appropriate for what I used PayPal for most of the time.

Go ahead and plug it in. It's me, honest. :grin:

Thanks for the explanation. You can see why I wondered :->. What

should I send for two "kits" (inductor+switches)? Will do immediately

What

should I send for two "kits" (inductor+switches)?

Not sure what the postage will be, so let's go with $2.50 for 2 sets. I'll edit the original post to reflect this.

Hey guys - sorry for being absent for a while - work/personal life went a little crazy. Thanks a ton for working on organizing a GB for the replacement parts!

I do actually have 90 new (correct) tact switches coming from the supplier. Once they arrive - I can send out to GD (assuming they send the right ones this time :) ). I also have some 150uH inductors coming as replacements, but the inductors that oPossum should probably be used instead.

Please add me to the GB for the inductors.

bluehash 1

pbirkel 2+ (with switches please)

cubeberg 2

Shipped 31 OCT 12 from Mouser via UPS economy shipping.

The good news is that they shipped; the bad news is that the UPS --> USPS combo tends to get hung up in Earth City, MO for a few days every time for no apparent reason. :problem:

We'll see how it does this time.

The List to this date:

bluehash ------ 1 ----- [PAID]

pbirkel --------- 2+ ---- [PAID]

cubeberg ------ 2 ----- [PAID] --- (Please DM me your address)

Mtlevine0 ----- 2+ ---- [PAID] --- (Please DM me your address, PayPal does not pass it to private accounts)

soma4all ------ 2+ ---- [maybe paid?] --- (Please DM your PayPal account name so I can connect it to your user name here, and please DM me your address)

Inductors arrived today! They're a bit larger than I anticipated. Then again, I didn't really pay much attention to the dimensions.

Here are a couple of shots of one on an otherwise unpopulated VFD Clock board:

post-18-0-19419600-1352244780_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-14326400-1352244834_thumb.jpg

I'll be packaging the inductors tonight, but cubeberg has sent me (I think) some replacement tactile buttons with the longer stem. Please let me know via reply or DM if you want your shipment right away, or want to wait for the replacement buttons with the longer stem cubeberg got from the supplier. (You can have both cubeberg's and my buttons, if you like. I have plenty.)

B#: I know you want yours ASAP. They'll go out tomorrow morning.